Kent BK4

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Johnny

Kent BK4

Post by Johnny »

After much research and the high recommendation from Gary (brothers), I hope to have this by Saturday.

Kent BK4

Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Kent BK4

Post by fallingwickets »

looking forward to reading what you think about your new brush!

use it in good health

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Johnny, you're definitely on a badger kick of late. I'm curious how you'll find the Kent in comparison to your synthetic brushes.
Ron
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

rsp1202 wrote:Johnny, you're definitely on a badger kick of late. I'm curious how you'll find the Kent in comparison to your synthetic brushes.
My wife says I'm worse than a women when it comes to making changes. First it was boar, many years ago before I discovered shaving forums, then badger, back to boar, then to synthetics, and now back to badger. I really like my Muhle hjm brushes when using creams and a scuttle, but prefer my badgers when using hard or soft soaps and face lathering.

The first badger brush I ever owned was a Kent BK12 and that sucker was WAY to big for me and I have not owned another Kent since them. But I have to trust my friend Gary. After all, if you cannot trust someone from Oklahoma City, who can you trust? :mrgreen:
Johnny

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

This is the type of brush I love: it does everything well and it's not expensive as silvertips go.
Bryan
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good choice Johnny, this one's in my top three and could be my top one, it's that good.
Regards,
Squire
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

It has become my first choice brush. I think you will enjoy it. Congrats.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Just so envious.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

It was my second badger brush, after the Tweezerman opened up the world of badger brushes for me. It's never failed to perform for me, even though it wasn't my last badger brush.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:...it wasn't my last badger brush.
And therein lies the nub of it. :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:
brothers wrote:...it wasn't my last badger brush.
And therein lies the nub of it. :D
Wendell, you know that it's inevitable, so just sit back order one and enjoy it. Stop slobbering and whipping yourself and start lathering up a storm of MWF with a BK 4; can you think of a better way to start your day?
Bryan
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Well, the BK4 arrived today and I gave it a good shampoo. It will get broken in tomorrow on some good old MWF.

I like the size of this brush and believe it will be a keeper. I might need to get a black one now. :D
Johnny

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

jww wrote:Just so envious.
You're on a slippery slope there Wendell and about to lose your footing.
Regards,
Squire
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Johnny wrote: I like the size of this brush and believe it will be a keeper. I might need to get a black one now.
As night follows day.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Johnny wrote:Well, the BK4 arrived today and I gave it a good shampoo. It will get broken in tomorrow on some good old MWF.

I like the size of this brush and believe it will be a keeper. I might need to get a black one now. :D
No better way to break one in.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

First shave with the BK4 was devine. Wendell, this ones for you my friend. BK4 and MWF, hard to beat.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Brush: Kent BK4
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Johnny

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Johnny wrote:First shave with the BK4 was devine. Wendell, this ones for you my friend. BK4 and MWF, hard to beat
Yes Wendell, you know what you must do. Every time I use my BK 4 I kick myself for not having bought it sooner; you don't want to be in that position, do you?
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wendell, Johnny's onto something. He took the plunge, and is reaping the benefits! If the prudent and frugal aspects of another brush purchase is bothersome, then you might consider a couple of options. You might have something you want to trade for one, or, maybe you have something to sell on the BST forum in order to get a BK4 at zero out of pocket costs to you. We want you to have one, and unless someone's got a spare, it doesn't look like any of us are willing to give ours up!
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Ive offered wendell my bk4 afew times and each time i get the big NO-NO-NO. Ive quite trying :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wow!
Gary