bk8 silvertip

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: bk8 silvertip

Post by bernards66 »

Gil, Glad to hear it! Yeah, I just think that when it comes down to actually making lather and applying it the Kent BKs are simply superlative brushes....they just are.
Regards,
Gordon
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Well, after listening to Gordon, Squire, and Gary I bought a BK4 and I have not been disappointed. I probably use it more than any other brush I have at this time. So now I guess I need to get a BK8. But first I have to pay for the Chubby 2 I have on order.
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Glad to be of assistance Johnny.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Because of the recent great lather result I got with the Kent P12, it is admittedly an enormous lofted luxury brush. So I tried the BK8 this morning, and I find it also is very well suited to the Castle Forbes shaving cream. The results were comparable to the P12, just a bit more manageable on the face. Same great lather. I believe this BK8 is well matched to this particular shaving cream, and will try to use it more often with the CF and maybe some other creams. Each brush has its own personality, and it looks like maybe I'm seeing something new with the BK8.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

kent makes good brushes, and i think they have them sized perfectly in the 4,8, and 12. It might be time for a new brush, if it is kent will definitely be on the radar....thanks gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
de gustibus non est disputandum