Barbear Classico Limited Edition Brushes

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
LookingGlass

Barbear Classico Limited Edition Brushes

Post by LookingGlass »

These brushes received a lot of attention on The Shave Nook. I was fortunate enough to purchase the set. The knots and handles are unique. Most of the folks commented that these brushes are nice for face lathering so I plan to lather in this manner. I am in the process of break in and will update in a month or so. If you get a chance, grab one - you will not be disappointed. Semogue produced the brushes. Cherry handles and a boar, mixed, and badger knot.
Attachments
SLEMis1.jpg
SLEMis1.jpg (24.53 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
SLECer1.jpg
SLECer1.jpg (23.68 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
SLETex1.jpg
SLETex1.jpg (24.44 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
SLE31.jpg
SLE31.jpg (24.12 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
Pc4406

Re: Barbear Classico Limited Edition Brushes

Post by Pc4406 »

They are out of stock now at Vintage Scent, but supposedly more are on the way. I was fortunate to get both the Mistura (mixed knot) and the Texugo (2 band). They take some breaking in, but are really excellent brushes. I do like the smaller knots on these and the Texugo has wonderful soft tips and great backbone. Great brushes both and very reasonably priced.
Patrick
brothers

Post by brothers »

These are so beautiful, and I know they're top quality. It's cool that you got one of each. When I first heard of these, I checked to see if they were available in the longer >60mm knots. Too bad they weren't.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

I've had the opportunity to use a Mistura for a few shaves this week. It's a nice brush, I think you'll enjoy it.