New to Me Plisson Grey Badger

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Bob in TX

New to Me Plisson Grey Badger

Post by Bob in TX »

Last month, a friend gave me a Plisson Lucite Grey Badger Brush (22mmx52MM). I tried it for the first time this morning. I expected a lot of scritch similiar to my Omega Black Badger. The Plisson turned out to be soft with almost no scritch at all, just good backbone. It easily loaded up my dollop of Proraso Blue in under 5 seconds and did a great job face lathering. Never assume.........

Last edited by Bob in TX on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny

Re: New to Me Plisson Pure Badger

Post by Johnny »

Bob, that is one heck of a gift. But it looks more like Plisson European Gray badger than it does their pure badger.
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

...and one more wet shaver joins the cult. Don't try and explain it.

Buzz
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

Johnny-It could be the Grey Badger. No one, including Plisson, has been able to tell me for sure.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That means you get to name it Bob.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bob, Interesting. I was not aware that Plisson ever used that handle design on any other than their whitecap models. I wonder how old it is?
Regards,
Gordon
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

I am surprised too! First, I wish it was a European White! Second, I wish I could find out more about it. I have been unable to so far, including from Plisson.
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

As recently as four or five years ago Plisson did mount what they called European Gray badger in the plexiglass handles, maybe even more recently. I think they were made only in the smaller sizes, #10-#14. I may be wrong about when they stopped producing gray badger in plexiglass, but I certainly have seen them and they were very nice brushes, indeed. They did not have as tall a loft as the EW and HMW brushes.

Buzz
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

As recently as four or five years ago Plisson did mount what they called European Gray badger in the plexiglass handles, maybe even more recently. I think they were made only in the smaller sizes, #10-#14. I may be wrong about when they stopped producing gray badger in plexiglass, but I certainly have seen them and they were very nice brushes, indeed. They did not have as tall a loft as the EW and HMW brushes.
Finally!!!!! Thank you Buzz!!!!!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Bob, you're a lucky guy with a great friend who will give you such a nice brush.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Now Bob can be the Silver Fox who owns the Gray Badger.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Okay then, European Grey it apparently is. I've handled a number of those but never saw one with that handle style that I remember. Even the European Grey models at Clyde's in NYC were not exactly inexpensive....just so you know. Happy shaving, Bob!
Regards,
Gordon