I finally got Vulfix 2234S but....

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
chris1978

I finally got Vulfix 2234S but....

Post by chris1978 »

Hi,

I got the new Vulfix 2234S Super Badger Brush in Medium in the mail today but I once the package and open the red box and took out the brush and feel like it was a large brush and it was the same size handle as my Edwin Jagger large badger brush. I thought the handle was medium but it wasn't. Should I keep it the 2234S and return it or buy the small badger 2233S? I don't understand this medium brush. It supposed to be the handle is medium not large. The badger hair is just right. I haven't use the brush yet. Does anyone had the small Vulfix 2233S brush, what do you think and how do you like the brush? It is easier to hold the brush or it comfortable?

I'm a little bit dissapointed about this. I should brought the small 2233S in the first place. Are they Vulfix small/medium handle feel the same or it similar of the height of the handle?

Chris A
brothers

Re: I finally got Vulfix 2234S but....

Post by brothers »

Chris, first, I believe you should determine the measurements you are complaining about. What was the height of the handle you thought you were getting, and what is the height of the handle you received. Using the terms medium and large are pretty much meaningless, what I am trying to say is that maybe you got the one you ordered. Once you make these determinations, you can set out to ultimately get the one you wanted to start with.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I agree with Gary in that terms like 'medium' only have meaning within the context of one particular maker and model. Vulfix Supers in that handle style are; 2233,2234,2235, and 2236 so, in that line up the 2234 is on the smaller side of 'medium'. It's often a challenge to buy shaving brushes 'blind'...that is over the internet when one has never seen a specimen of the brush in person. You had an idea of what 'medium' would be like in this line but your preconceived mental image did not match the reality. I had a T&H branded 2234 and to me it was not a large brush ( or a large handle )...seemed distinctly 'medium' to me. Personally I liked the brush but if you really don't I suppose you could return it for a smaller model.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

im a bit biased because the 2234 was for many years my all time favourite brush, but be that as it may, if asked today by a stranger on the street what *small* size brush i would recommend, the 2234 would be top of the list.
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, here are the handle sizes according to Vulfix. Which one did you get, and which one do you think you were supposed to be getting?
2233 - 45mm
2234 - 53mm
2235 - 60mm
2236 - 70mm
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

I got 2234 52mm but I would like to get samll 2233 46mm. I'm going to return this and refunded and then I ordered the small Vulfix 2233S.

Chris A
brothers

Post by brothers »

Allright then! it sounds like you're on track now. Here's hoping the 2233 will be just what you are looking for. Good luck!
Gary