Big Synthetics H.I.S. and E. Jagger

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

Re: Big Synthetics H.I.S. and E. Jagger

Post by brothers »

There it is. Different perceptions and expectations depending on the individual brush and the individual that's using it. Anyone hesitant to try one or the other based on someone else's reported experiences might find they've missed something that they otherwise may have benefitted from.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

After reading this thread through for the first time, my response to "Which one should I get" is simple -- get both, because, well because this is SMF after all!

I own one rather scratchy badger -- it's a Vullfix OEM brush that I bought at Rose & Co. Apothecary in Howarth, Yorkshire. It's a smaller knot, and the quality of badger is low, but I love how it fits in my hand and while it isn't near as good as any of my other brushes, it has great sentimental value to me as my very first badger brush after using boars from Shoppers Drug Mart for more than 3 decades.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Well of course I don't expect anything from a brush except make lather and all badgers work for me. Don't know at this stage how much I glean from brush posts by others but I still enjoy reading them.
Regards,
Squire
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

jww wrote:I own one rather scratchy badger
There was only one Wendell and you got it, maybe they saw you coming.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Finest brushes including my two Rooney Finest brushes have a bit of scritch. The Finest two band knot I bought from TGN was scritchy when new, and after about 5 years, it has lost some of the scritchiness as the tips wear. Wet boar brushes don't have much.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:
jww wrote:I own one rather scratchy badger
There was only one Wendell and you got it, maybe they saw you coming.
Indeed, one feels quite fortunate at that .... :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

The only scritchy badger I own is an Omega in black best. I swear they clipped the tips to shape the brush. Very scritchy.
Ouchmychin (Pete)