My fiance got me a Marfin for my B-Day!!!

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
John N.

My fiance got me a Marfin for my B-Day!!!

Post by John N. »

And I am thrilled. If you want to see; go to http://www.italianbarber.com ...click on brushes...click on Marfin...go to page 3 lower right 09=57...just a beauty to hold, behold and use. The loft is about 60mm and knot probably 26mm with the handle around 65-70mm (to excited to measure :roll: ). It is quite a handful, but easy to use and get used to. The badger is a very high quality silvertip...fairly dense with soft tips. My first shave with it was with a Cobra (Feather Pro. blade), DB scuttle and Pens. Endymion cream. It was the most luxurious shave in a very very long time. The brush created lots of beautiful lather quite quickly, and the face feel was well sensual, but I don't want to get too carried away here. Tomorrow I will try it with a soap (most likely tallow AOS Sandalwood) and use the same razor. This brush is a huge extravagance (my fiance is quite generous); but so far I believe it to be worth the price. The beauty, feel and ability of this brush are extraordinary, and they put it squarely into the heirloom category.
J.
John N.
WetShaveObsession

Re: My fiance got me a Marfin for my B-Day!!!

Post by WetShaveObsession »

Congrats. That gentleman is a true artist. His brushes are gorgeous.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Very, very nice John, some pictures if you please.
Regards,
Squire
John N.

Post by John N. »

Squire...
With some embarrassment I must admit I do not have the tech horsepower to post pics. ..never spent the time to learn; lazy I guess. Anyway the pics on the IB site are quite good and representative. The flame grain briar is stunning. When I was looking at the Marfin pics. a few months ago, I was concerned that the brushes could be awkward in the hand with their unusual shapes...probably why I never considered getting one for myself...that and the price. Fiancé to the rescue...the 09=57 is both comfortable and easy to use. Never had a brush this size. It soaked up all the lather in the scuttle, and then gave it back during a three pass shave with plenty left over. Didn't really need to do 3 passes...not with the Cobra...just liked using the brush.
J.
John N.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That's fine John, appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Squire
Araner

Post by Araner »

Let's see if this works.

Regards,
Mike