VIE-LONG 16910 Shaving Brush Silvertip Badger

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Dr Dulcamara

VIE-LONG 16910 Shaving Brush Silvertip Badger

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

I'm new at this forum. Gents, I do not know if there is a thread for acquisitions, or monthly haul? Is there? I open this thread, then. Excuse me if it is not correct doing so.

About a month ago I have this great brush. I chose it and wanted to buy it, but Oscar Julian, at Vie-Long did not let me to pay. I did not want  to be stubborn. It would have been an insult. Oscar's a good man, accesible and with good conversation. Not a smug man. He does not want to pretend to be what he is not. It is an honest and simple man, like many of us. But it is also the first manufacturer of brushes from Spain, and the world leader in horse hair brushes. You will have details of the conversation, but that will be another time later.

The brush is a cuteness. It works great. It's nothing excessively floppy. It has the right softness and backbone, and knot measures are outrageously perfect and suitable for lathering in the face, at least for me. A large knot is not necessary to generate a lot of lather. This knot of 21 mm to 48.5 mm loft, not stops generating lather, if you have been generous when loading the soap. I always load soap for 1 minute, after that, I lather in my face, and then I load soap again 15 or 20 seconds, and repeat lathering in face to complete the first pass. This way the brush keeps enough lather for several passes. Once I shave, I do not come back with the brush to the soap.

Regards, The Good Doctor.
Kind Regards. Juan, aka Dr Dulcamara. (Excuse me for my poor English. Is Google Translator)
Oscar11

Re: VIE-LONG 16910 Shaving Brush Silvertip Badger

Post by Oscar11 »

Nice looking brush and thanks for the report.
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Very nice looking brush. Enjoy!
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Beautiful brush..
brothers

Post by brothers »

Juan, thanks for sharing these photos with us.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Very good report Juan.
Regards,
Squire