Plisson HMW vintage

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

Re: Plisson HMW vintage

Post by brothers »

I haven't yet used the Plisson brush, first I've got to stay focused on the Omega 48 (talk about other end of the brush spectrum!) and a couple of ounces of Blueness soap that's got to go before I move on to the next one in line to be all used up (Martin de Candre Fougere soap) which will probably be an appropriate match for the Plisson, since they're both French.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Anything can happen, but my plan is to use this brush for the very first time ever to start the attack on the big bowl of Martin de Candre Fougere shaving soap tomorrow. I hope to use this brush exclusively until the whole bowl of shaving soap is gone . . . . that might be quite a while! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Nice plan. Looking forward to the field reports.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

The brush did just fine. I gave it a shampoo first. Not much odor. A few loose hairs. There was backbone. No scritch. Made some lather. I was nervous about the old labels, and they didn't come off. Now it's drying, and awaiting tomorrow's activity.
Gary

TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Good to know the brush is performing according to standard... but you really wouldn't expect any less from a vintage Plisson, now would you? =D>
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
brothers

Post by brothers »

Right David, ha ha :D It's intimidating you know? . . . Another thing, the post-shave bloom was almost non- existant! Much less than I expected. :?
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This brush dominates when matched with a hard soap, witness today's lathering with the Taylor's Luxury Lime soap. It's a "soap brush", which doesn't rule out using it with creams, but some brushes seem naturally suited for either soaps or creams, as we know.
Gary

EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, sounds excellent. Another good one from a top-shelf producer.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

This unique old brush is on tap for today. It's fun to use because of it's unique characteristics. I reckon if a guy's going to have a Plisson, it should be a highly effective every day shaver. At least that's my philosophy.
Gary