Savile Row 2122 Best Badger

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
rsp1202

Re: Savile Row 2122 Best Badger

Post by rsp1202 »

It looks good, Basil. Hope you enjoy it. I'll look forward to seeing some bloomed shots when you get a chance.
And Mike, your 2824 is no slouch, either. That Best hair looks mighty soft, but you can tell it's got backbone. The bloom seems more controlled than a 3824's. I like that.
Ron
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Use in good health....the sr is a very nice brush

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Araner wrote:
Shave4Fun wrote:
Araner wrote:I have several Savile Row brushes and my favorite is the 2824 best badger (24mm knot). It's a great brush and I love the shape of the handle.

Regards,
Mike
I'd like to know more about the Gillette in the pic. Is that a Gillette head?

Thanks,
Roger, It's a Gillette New Deluxe that I had replated in chrome (it was originally gold) and the head is original.

Regards,

Nice! Thanks.
Mike
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
pausted

Post by pausted »

Here is a brief update. I have used the 2122 with creams for the last 5 days. I'll use it again tomorrow with another cream and then Monday switch to some soaps. The brush has turned out to be what I have been looking for. It has plenty of backbone, it releases lather well, on my face it has absolutely no scritch but it is a bit scrubby. It is not nearly as soft as my silvertip which is what I wanted. I have both bowl lathered and face lathered. It handles either one very well. It will build a great lather from any cream I have tried so far.

All in all, I am very pleased. Now on to some soaps.
Best regards,

Basil
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Bravo. A fine piece of kit it is indeed and at a bargain price IMO. Mine gets once a week use now and perhaps if I thought it had fully dried between uses, I would enjoy it more.
Mike
pausted

Post by pausted »

Last update: I have used soaps all week and the brush continues to perform beautifully. It has handled every soap I have thown at it with no problems. I will continue to use my Savile Row for the rest of the month and then give it a rest for awhile. I really can't find any faults with this brush. If I haven't mentioned it earlier, this brush has not shed a single hair in two weeks of use. Not one! This is a very high quality brush at a very good price. I highly recommend it. I know that Simpsons is the holy grail around here but I would take a look at SR if you are in the market for a terrific brush.
Best regards,

Basil
pausted

Post by pausted »

Antique Hoosier wrote:Bravo. A fine piece of kit it is indeed and at a bargain price IMO. Mine gets once a week use now and perhaps if I thought it had fully dried between uses, I would enjoy it more.
Michael, I have been using mine daily with no apparent problems. Mine rests in a brush holder on the sink top in an air conditioned bathroom and I have used it every 24 hours for two weeks. Maybe you could use yours more often. Just a thought. Hope you can get more use from yours.
Best regards,

Basil