Finally Happening - A Kent X4 To Be Ordered

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
EL Alamein

Re: Finally Happening - A Kent X4 To Be Ordered

Post by EL Alamein »

Nothing better than something that just works.

Chris
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

This morning, back in Ottawa, I mated my newly acquired BLK4 with The Fat. And what a wonderful mating it was -- I have always preferred stiffer backboned brushes with MWF, but the BLK4 is something different altogether. It is, I would say, not as fully back-boned as other brushes I own, I have to say that the pair work to perfection together. Prolific, long-lasting lather was produced quickly and easily. The BLK4 is so good. How did I do without one?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

You've come a long way, brushwise, in a relatively short time, Wendell.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I dunno Gary --- my first brushes were boars --- back before I was married. I'd pick up whatever in the drugstore, and use it until it fell apart, then replace it. I went through three or four before I turned 25. I went hole-hog --- or would that be badger --- on brushes in 2003 when I purchased my Vullfix 101 OEM brush under the Rose & Co Apothecary moniker. Still have that one, and use it once in a while just for fun. So --- seeing as I only have 8 brushes in total, 2 of which are boar, one synthetic, and the remaining 4 being badger, I don't think it's all that much over what, 12 years? :wink:
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm only referring to the short time it took to get the Kent, use it, and then to be able to make the statement "how did I do without one!". :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:I'm only referring to the short time it took to get the Kent, use it, and then to be able to make the statement "how did I do without one!". :D
Right. Kind of like the microwave principle. No one really wanted one other than for convenience's sake. As soon as you got one, you stopped questioning your decision.

Yes, I love the BLk4 indeed.
Wendell

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Good on you Wendell. I acquired a BK4 last year and now I wonder how I did without one all these years. As a side note, I purchased a Kent Infinity in John Lewis last month and I'm very surprised by how much I like it. It cost me about a third of my Muhle synthetic, but in my opinion it is about as good.
Bryan
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Ok, I may have to get me a BK 4, so PM me on pricing. Black or horn handle appeal to me. My Beehive is ivory coloured and Id like something different