L'Occitane Plisson has been out of stock not discontinued

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
chris1978

L'Occitane Plisson has been out of stock not discontinued

Post by chris1978 »

I call the sale lady at the L'Occitane store and ask about the Plisson shaving brush is available and she said it out of stock. It been in awhile and we'll be back in stock one day but who knows. I don't know how long it takes to be back in stock again.
I always want to try that brush but I don't know if I can. I'm curious. I understand that brush hair is very soft that are easily on the skin. Are they true that has exfoliating of the brush can harsh or scrape during shaving. I saw this few clips on youtube. I know this brush is a great brush to use. Does is works well on the shaving cream or the soap when lathering up? Right now I'm still looking at ebay for the price of $57.99 of the brush. It still new. I was planning to get one. What your experience was like when you lathering up and face lathering?

Chris A
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Re: L'Occitane Plisson has been out of stock not discontinue

Post by TRBeck »

Chris, the brush is very soft and gentle on the skin. Very easy to use and lathers well. It is not particularly dense. I have one and have considered parting with it as it hasn't seen use in two-three months. I would not pay $58 for it. I paid $35 and think that's about right.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

The Plisson factory has been offering an ivory- and an ebony-handled version for 30-something U.S. dollars. I believe it's a molded rather than turned handle, but they look decent, certainly nicer than the L'Occitane wood version. The knots are the same, however. Worth a look-see: http://blaireauxplisson.com/en/39-shavingbrushes-fiber
Ron
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

rsp1202 wrote:The Plisson factory has been offering an ivory- and an ebony-handled version for 30-something U.S. dollars. I believe it's a molded rather than turned handle, but they look decent, certainly nicer than the L'Occitane wood version. The knots are the same, however. Worth a look-see: http://blaireauxplisson.com/en/39-shavingbrushes-fiber
Note that the brushes shopped at that URL are synthetics and not badgers. The badger versions run from merely more expensive to breathtakingly dear.

Buzz