HE WEEKENDER TRAVEL SET SAFETY RAZOR

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
nicodemus38

HE WEEKENDER TRAVEL SET SAFETY RAZOR

Post by nicodemus38 »

These pop up on ebay from time to time, and I have a really interesting question on the Gillette brush.

The brushes have always been unused in the original factory cellophane wrappers. the length of the visible knot is as long as one single slot on a 1960s tech base plate. and the knot always appears to be about as wide at the distance between opposing slots. if you layed it on the base plate.

I know originally most of these sets were sold with sample tubes of creams, but occasionally I will see a soap tube in the set and I get the idea of the following.

How effective can a brush be if it is smaller in diameter then say an Erasmic or La Toja shave stick, and amount half an inch long?

Ive been tempted to get one, but the only unused brushes and soaps even, are always in the "super rare" form of a set with the name and logo of a hotel or regional air line that went out of business pre 1960.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: HE WEEKENDER TRAVEL SET SAFETY RAZOR

Post by Squire »

The small diameter travel brushes do work nic, some members quite like them. I used a couple of them for years but really could have carried a standard size just as well.
Regards,
Squire
nicodemus38

Re: HE WEEKENDER TRAVEL SET SAFETY RAZOR

Post by nicodemus38 »

I mean the old Gillette ones, not the cute little ones on the market now.

I never saw how they would be truly useful, but sicne ive been playing with sticks, my big old 48/49 seems excessively big.