old badgers

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
nicodemus38

old badgers

Post by nicodemus38 »

is there any way to compare the performance of a vintage, used, somewhat worn badger brush. ever ready K40 to modern badger brushes in the same low cost user categories that ever ready occupied? They weren't CHEAP at all, but im curious as I loved my shave tonight.
CMur12

Re: old badgers

Post by CMur12 »

Nic, I'm not sure what you're asking.

You could compare your K40 to any new brush you are willing to buy. How it compares would depend on what you like.

I have a vintage Ever-Ready 300PBT badger brush, which has a small, sparse knot, definitely on the "floppy" side. I think it works just dandy lathering in a bowl or on top of a cake of soap, where a sparse knot actually works more efficiently. I would wager that most here wouldn't like this brush, however.

If you're lucky, you might find someone here that has a K40 brush and can compare it to new brushes, but that's no guarantee that their impressions will match yours. On the other hand, I have been here over nine years and I don't think I have ever seen mention of a K40.

If you have it and you like it, use it and enjoy it! :)

- Murray
nicodemus38

Re: old badgers

Post by nicodemus38 »

I spent my day cleaning dishes and cleaning my brushes. really does get interesting when its been cleaned out. doesn't feel so sleek now. but I followed directions.

I realy cant find photos of unused K40s anywhere.