Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

Shavemac DO-1 2 band knot

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!

Shavemac DO-1 2 band knot

Postby SRD » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:54 am

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Shavemac DO-1 2 band knot? What are your thoughts? I am thinking of having one made with a fan shaped knot and would like to get some thoughts from those who own one. Thanks jbrothers.
Dave
SRD

Re: Shavemac DO-1 2 band knot

Postby Rufus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:16 am

Because of the lack of replies I think you should check out the Against the Grain forum, where there are several members who are very knowledgeable on the various shavemac hair grades. I haven't tried the DO1 2-band because I understand that it is dense and has lots of backbone, which is not what I want in a knot. My favourite shavemac badger is their finest, but I also like their 3-band silvertip and regular 2-band silvertip.
Bryan
Rufus

Postby blantyre » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Rudy Vey put one in an old handle for me. As the previous poster said, dense, lots of backbone, soft tips and decent flow though. If you like a floppy brush you should avoid these like the plague. If you like Rooney finest type brushes they would be a good choice.
Rick
blantyre

Postby drmoss_ca » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:27 am

I believe I have a couple of Shavemac 2 bands in the office (I don't remember selling or swapping them, though I'm sure I swapped something with Sam for his Beehive Rooney).
Photos are at the end of this post. I ended up finding them a bit too dense for my tastes, which have softened up along with the rest of me.
If I still have them I'd be willing to sell.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
drmoss_ca
Admin

Return to Shaving Brushes