I have a synthetic brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
The Shave Lion

I have a synthetic brush

Post by The Shave Lion »

Hi guys I use a synthetic brush for my shaving. It is a real basic no name on that I picked up at a beauty supply store. However I am looking for a used badger brush for reasonable. I had one from Sally Beauty stores that lasted less than a month and now its shedding profusely. I am currently using the hairs of that brush to test my blade sharpness after honing. I hope to eventually have every grade of badger brushes available. I would not mind trying or getting a boars hair brush. But for now my synthetic brush is holding up fine.
brothers

Re: I have a synthetic brush

Post by brothers »

Sounds like a good plan Roger. You've probably already done this, but I strongly and seriously suggest you go into the old SMF archives and read and learn about shaving brushes until your eyes start to burn. The Shaving Brushes forum goes all the way back to 2005 and the list of topics takes up 71 pages. You're in the right place to find out what's out there and what you might want to try. Don't rush it, take your time. If you find brushes you are interested in, you can start browsing all of the excellent internet vendors for prices and availability. Good luck!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JRicketts

Re: I have a synthetic brush

Post by JRicketts »

Sounds good. Go ahead with it.