Thater vs Savile

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Vincev

Thater vs Savile

Post by Vincev »

I own a Shavemac 26 mm 2 band, love the softness and backbone. Also own a Kent BK8 which for me is too floppy. I am now considering a Thater or a Savile, any opinions.
CMur12

Re: Thater vs Savile

Post by CMur12 »

Savile Row brushes, from qedusa.com , should be very similar to Shavemacs. (At least they used to be.) In years past, forum members suspected that Shavemac secretly made them.

- Murray
jar

Post by jar »

My Kents and Thaters are very similar. The Silvertip in both is extremely soft while the Best and Pure in each has more body. You might enjoy the Kent H8 or BK2 (the BK2 is same size as the BK4 but Pure Badger) or the Thater 4342 Best Badger.

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

The Thater and Saville Row 2-bands would be quite similar to the shavemac 2-band. All three, however, would have much more backbone than the BK8, but would be about as soft.
Bryan
Vincev

Post by Vincev »

All thank you, you help with my decision. For now I will stay with my four go to brushes Shavemac, Kent, Semogue and Razorock since spending money on a Thater or Savile will not change my shaving experience.

Vince
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

Vincev wrote:... since spending money on a Thater or Savile will not change my shaving experience.

Vince
Always refreshing to see a sign of common sense on these boards.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I understand completely. Good decision Vince.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444