How do I remove the stickers, from my Semogue Brushes?

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Modern Ancient

How do I remove the stickers, from my Semogue Brushes?

Post by Modern Ancient »

So, I clean my brushes, every week, and, the stickers are starting to peel. However, when I attempt to remove them, they stay on. Is there anything I could do?
jar

Re: How do I remove the stickers, from my Semogue Brushes?

Post by jar »

Modern Ancient wrote:So, I clean my brushes, every week, and, the stickers are starting to peel. However, when I attempt to remove them, they stay on. Is there anything I could do?
Patience is your friend. Someday all will be gone.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Have you tried liquid decal remover? I found it easily with a 'net search in big box hardware stores here in the USA. It might be more difficult to find in the secret lair.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Modern Ancient

Post by Modern Ancient »

ShadowsDad wrote:Have you tried liquid decal remover? I found it easily with a 'net search in big box hardware stores here in the USA. It might be more difficult to find in the secret lair.

lol, yeah, the dim lighting looks cool, but makes it hard to find things. Thanks, for the heads up.

I was going to try nail polish remover.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

That would be acetone. It's a very harsh solvent and I think it would also remove the finish or if plastic melt it. Either way, I don't think that you'd like the result.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jar

Post by jar »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
brothers

Post by brothers »

ShadowsDad wrote:Have you tried liquid decal remover? I found it easily with a 'net search in big box hardware stores here in the USA. It might be more difficult to find in the secret lair.
I think I've seen this stuff at the hardware store. Here's a link for mail order. https://www.amazon.com/Goo-Gone-Surface ... al+remover
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444