Next up in the rotation following the Rex tuxedo synthetic

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

Next up in the rotation following the Rex tuxedo synthetic

Post by brothers »

Now it's time for me to select another brush to use with the xpec cream in the 8.6 Oz tub. It seems like my Rex tuxedo brush does okay but I want to share the love and find out which of the other brushes might be a bit better with a very productive cream as opposed to a soap or the recent Coates. So far my two candidates are the Erskine brush that used to belong to my dad and I recently, about 3 years ago, replaced the worn-out boar bristles with a Silvertip large knot from tgn. The only other candidate is the Monster synthetic brush from RazorRock
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: Next up in the rotation following the Rex tuxedo synthetic

Post by Rufus »

No question in my mind, your Dad’s refurbished brush. Not only is it a sentimental favourite, but it’s not synthetic. :mrgreen:
Bryan
brothers

Re: Next up in the rotation following the Rex tuxedo synthetic

Post by brothers »

I like your reasoning Bryan! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444