Em's place carrying Vulfix and Simpsons....

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Joel:

All of Em's products are first rate. I really enjoy her hydrosol plus sprays in Sandalwood and Neroli. And, yes, the woodstock is very nice, a complex patchouli. It's particularly nice in the A/S splash/spray.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Joel, There are STILL hippies in Berkeley?? And they're still wearing Patchouli oil?? Are you sure? How can that be? I lived all that in the late 1960s, it can't possibly still be going on, not even in California! It must be something else, surely?......Em's Place, yes, I kept meaning to post about those Simpson brushes. I think it's nice that she's carrying them. No big bargains, perhaps, but still, I'm glad to see it. BTW, I have an ebony handle on my Plisson, and so far, it seems to be fine. I think that if it's a quality brush, an wood handle is OK. Afterall, I'm sure the brushmakers know full well what we do with them, and it would be pretty lame ( and bad for business ) if they sold expensive brushes with handles that they knew wouldn't last. At least, that's what I tell myself. Regards, Gordon
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Joel:

It's not "hippie" at all. It is a very complex EO fragrance. That said, it's always a personal thing so you might ask her for a sample of the EO fragrance first.

Chris
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Guys,

Just a suggest if you want to discuss the EO and pachoulli (I know that isn't spelled right :P) Maybe we could continue in the fragerences section with colonges aftershaves etc.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
emsplace
Owner of emsplace.com

Post by emsplace »

Hi Joel, nice to hear you have visited. I wanted to share a quick word about the wood handle brushes you mention.

If we think about the days before synthetics, they made handles out of wood, horn, bone and so forth... As you may have noticed I have a "thing" about wood. Maybe living in Oregon tells the story about that :-)

But really, wood is long lasting and works good as a brush handle. It will however weather over time and takes a bit more care than synthetic handles (aka - be sure to shake out excess water), yet is just as functional and has its own personality. For wood and metal I do suggest the use of a stand - I know, a controversial subject so won't go there other than this comment.

As always, happy shaving gents!
Em
Em's Place, Vendor