SR-241

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
nteeman

SR-241

Post by nteeman »

I'm thinking of purchasing the SR-241. Any advice as to this choice of brush? I'm currently using a Col Conk pure badger and it has served me well but I am thinking of moving up to a thicker brush -- 30mm knot. What do you think :?:
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Joel,

Thanks. I assume that they are both made by the same company just marketed under different brand names. QED has it for a very good price and I figured it was time for an upgrade.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I believe my knot is 26mm and it is more than big enough for me. 30mm is a big knot, but the amount of lather it will produce and water and heat it will hold would be amazing. My 26mm know holds an unbelievable amount of water and heat. I'm sure you will be VERY happy with your Saville Row.
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Re: SR-241

Post by guenron »

nteeman wrote:I'm thinking of purchasing the SR-241. Any advice as to this choice of brush? I'm currently using a Col Conk pure badger and it has served me well but I am thinking of moving up to a thicker brush -- 30mm knot. What do you think :?:
I am in the same boat as Joel. I love my Vulfix =D> #41! The loft is really great and provides room for virtual tons of richly peaked lather. If it is as many say, the 241 is merely a #41 in Saville Row brand at a $30 discount, I am sure you will find many years of pleasure in this purchase.
Best wishes,
Ron
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

I received my SR-241 on Friday(ordered it on Thursday--how's that for service? Good work QED) and the brush is all I hoped it would be. Big enough to give a great lather but not too big. The badger brush is soft and is a real pleasure to use.

Thanks to all for the feedback and help making this decision.

Neal