Floris B2 Pure Badger dimensions; smaller brush suggestions?

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
honkdonker

Floris B2 Pure Badger dimensions; smaller brush suggestions?

Post by honkdonker »

My Floris B2 Pure Badger brush has the following measurements:

Overall height: 4.5 inches or 115 mm
Bristle height: 2.25 inches or 57.5 mm
Knot size 26 mm
Brush "bloom" diameter: 3.5 inches or 89mm

It has the EXACT same handle shape, and is size of the Kent BK8, but is pure badger rather than the Kent's silvertip.

I adore this brush. Gordon, have I ever said thanks for it? :)

What do you gents recommend as a smaller, but not miniscule brush as a complement to this fantastic implement? I fancy getting a super or silvertip as an adjunct brush, but remain openminded.

I know there are many posts regarding suggestions in other threads, but if any of you care to chime in once agains visavis this brush, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

PS- Does anyone have anything to report regarding using Kent shaving cream? I can't recall hearing anything about this cream anywhere, although I am sure someone, possibly whose name begins with G, or J, or C might have something to report...[/b]
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

I assume you're looking for a brush that "looks" the same, just smaller? See if you can post a picture of it so we can all look! 8)

--Mark
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

Mantic: It looks identical to the Kent BK8. I had thought about getting a BK4, but am thinking I would like to try something for a different line.

Are the "super" badgers in the Savile Row line close to "silvertip" from the Simpson line? Are they whiter than the pure or best badger hairs, in general. I know how murky that whole area is, but if anyone can chime in, great.

Thanks.