Black Colonial Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Gene

Black Colonial Razor

Post by Gene »

I keep reading how good these things are, but I am just cheap enough that I wanted to hold off until the black aluminum style came back in.

I decided to "Like" them on Facebook - that's how they told me I would know when the black ones were in stock.

Well - they are in stock now, and I just ordered one. Can't wait.

Now - which blade shall I use? Gary? Others?
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
pausted

Re: Black Colonial Razor

Post by pausted »

Gene, you will be hard pressed to beat the Feather Professional blade. Not the one with the guard but the regular Feather Pro. Another one that I like a lot is the Kai Captain Original. The blade you see most often is the Kai Mild PINK. I don't get as good a shave with the Mild as with the Original. YMMV. Hope that helps.
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Re: Black Colonial Razor

Post by brothers »

Gene wrote:I keep reading how good these things are, but I am just cheap enough that I wanted to hold off until the black aluminum style came back in.

I decided to "Like" them on Facebook - that's how they told me I would know when the black ones were in stock.

Well - they are in stock now, and I just ordered one. Can't wait.

Now - which blade shall I use? Gary? Others?
Gene, I've used both the Feather Pro and the Kai Captain Titan Mild, and they both work very well for me in the General. I haven't used the other Kai variations. You might be able to get some individual blades from tryablade. I recommend that course of action so you can use them all and compare them.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444