Great Razor finding weekend!

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
rnconync

Great Razor finding weekend!

Post by rnconync »

Well, this weekend in my searching...I came upon some great finds!

This weekend I was able to pick up:
- 2 Schick 66 Injectors (blue bakelite handles with "cracked ice" type metal head) in brand new condition (still had blank insert where blade goes)!

- 2 Schick M series adjustable razors in very good condition!

- 1 Gillette Skinny Adjustable!

- 1 Gillette Fatboy Adjustable!

Anyways, I had more luck this weekend than all my other weekends combined!

Also found a few others that I decided not to pick up...but overall I'd be lucky to run into a streak like this again! :)

Sorry, just excited about my finds and had to tell!
-Bruce
Ben

Post by Ben »

Damn nice score!
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Rob

Post by Rob »

Did you go to yard sales?
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

Rob_TN wrote:Did you go to yard sales?
i am guessing antique shops.
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
Ben

Post by Ben »

Antique yard sales?
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
rnconync

Post by rnconync »

haha...I have been slowly visiting every antique shop within reasonable distance...This weekend, I hit it good in one town. Found the 2 schick 66's in one shop, the 2 schick adjustable and gillette adjustables all in another shop...Also saw a "The New" in the box but didn't pick that one up...

But I have had the most luck at antique/junk shops...

One place I went this weekend had a lot of stuff, straights, honers strops and all, but too pricey for me...They had some Kleen Kutters, a winchester razor a dehaven, and adjustable stainless PAL injector, and a number of other things...

With Antique shops, I find it's all when you hit them. The guy at one this weekend says, he'll have a bunch of things for a long time, then someone like me will come through and buy it all up! Although I didn't have the money to buy it all up..haha..
Last edited by rnconync on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Bruce
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I've never had much luck at antique stores. While it is fun to browse at first, it soon becomes frustrating because some collector nut was there at 7am scooping up the razors.

A while ago a gent contacted me saying he found a Wilkinson sticky at a yard sale in great condition (in the US), as they all are. Son-of-a-gun.
Richard
rnconync

Post by rnconync »

I've never had much luck at antique stores. While it is fun to browse at first, it soon becomes frustrating because some collector nut was there at 7am scooping up the razors.

A while ago a gent contacted me saying he found a Wilkinson sticky at a yard sale in great condition (in the US), as they all are. Son-of-a-gun.
Yeah, I have found it hit and miss...some will have absolutely nothing, and 1 or two others I have found, had several things. And I have found it doesn't matter the size of the antique store either...I have had just as much luck in both small and large...

I only wish I could finda "Sticky" That'll be the day!
-Bruce