Mach3 Vs. Mach5

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
FiReSTaRT
As straight as they come

Post by FiReSTaRT »

Once you develop a bit of skill in prepping properly and stretching your skin, you'll be able to get a close shave out of anything that cuts.. With that being said, my closeness ranking goes like this.
1) Straight (*)
2) DE was just a bit less close than straight and grew back sooner
3) Cartridge was just under the DE level
4) Electric
The reason I got a half-decent result from a cartridge was simply from learning the fundamentals from straight and double edges. However, it was a chore just to look decent for a meeting with a client, while my straight was stuck at the Saskatoon airport waiting for departure. Shaving with a DE is a much better experience, while going straight is the ultimate for me.

(*) Had I taken the time to develop my skills with the AC I could have got results at least as good as with a straight, but it felt too harsh on my face and it lacked the challenge of blade maintenence to keep me interested.
"The downfall of any system of government is that it is run by humans." -- Ilija Milicevic
VincentP

Post by VincentP »

notthesharpest wrote:You will get differing opinions on this.

The Schick Quattro seems to be the exception - I have never heard a good word said about it.
Il add another bad word.

It always clogs, at least with my hair. I make 1 pass and the entire cartridge is packed, run it under water and its still clogged.
A_T-HeadShaver

Post by A_T-HeadShaver »

Are you serious? I've never even heard of a Mach 5. I guess they had to skip Mach IIII with the release of the Fusion. :?
LostInCincy

Post by LostInCincy »

He must be refering to the Fusion as Mach5.