Gillette Atra

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Gillette Atra

Post by VinceFX »

Has anyone ever used the Gillette Atra Plus razor? I normally use a Mach 3 Turbo but I'm really getting tired of paying the astronomical prices for the replacement cartridges. I've noticed on ebay that you can get 40 Gillette Atra Plus refills for $10.00.

I've always had problems around the neckline area with the Mach 3T. I'll either get some razor burn or ingrown hairs that lead to unsightly bumps. My neck is almost always irritated and lately I've had to resort to just very light strokes with the grain in order to get a comfortable shave. That being said, I'm kinda hoping that the Atra is less agressive and therefore might help reduce this problem.

I also used my Merkur Progress from time to time and that does help when it comes to the neckline BUT I'll often get razorburn somewhere else on my face since I have not yet fully mastered the required technique. Boy it would be great if the Atra turned to be the razor that's "juusssst right".

If anyone can give me some insight on how the Atra Plus performs I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Vince
:::Vince:::
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Just a follow-up note on this thread. I scrapped the idea of using the Atra. I instead invested in the Sensor Excel. That is what I now use on my second pass to go against the grain. I'll pry write more on this later but for now I'll just say that my routine of using a mach 3 on pass 1 and a sensor on pass 2 is really working out great for my skin :-)

Vince
:::Vince:::