First Impression - M3 Power

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

First Impression - M3 Power

Post by mantic »

Gents-- The comments I've seen about the M3P seem to indicate people think it either works really well, or not well at all, and very few opinions in between. My father-in-law was one of those who thought it didn't work very well at all, so he gave his to me to try. So far I've used it twice.

Pro's: It works well on the part of my face with the most stubborn stubble (in my case around the mouth and chin). I've got a real "grizzly," tough beard in that area, and the MP3 just mowed 'em down. It also worked well on the part of my right-side jawline that I always seem to have trouble with; I was able to do my 2nd pass "cross hash" style across the grain with less trouble and irritation.

Con's: This is not a razor for "detail" work. I think the cartridge may be slightly larger than the M3 Turbo's I usually use. Getting under my big nose was more difficult with the M3P (with the vibrator on or off) than with the M3T. I also experienced some of the "numbing" effect (particularly on my cheeks) that others have reported.

I'm going to give it a week's use before I make my final decision. But based on the introduction I've had with it, I'm probably going to continue using it but with M3T cartridges and turn on the vibrator only for certain parts of the shave.

--Mark
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Hi Mark,

I have similar findings with the M3 Power. Overall I like it. I only use the "power" on my first pass while shaving my cheeks, jaw/chin, and neck. For the second pass I turn the power off. I noticed that I got nicks if I left the power on while shaving my upper lip. The shave is comfortable but not necessarily closer than a regular mach 3 blade IMHO.

Vince
:::Vince:::