razor blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Big Swifty

razor blades

Post by Big Swifty »

new to the board- "hello everybody"

I have an easy request,
can anyone refer me to a good site that sells alot
of different brands of DE razor blades?
That would be very helpfull

Thanx in advance :)
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
fia1331

Post by fia1331 »

Welcome to SMF!!

Here is letterk's (fellow forum member) website. He sells sampler packs of various blades. Hope this help.

:D
-Faisal
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

fia1331 wrote:Welcome to SMF!!

Here is letterk's (fellow forum member) website. He sells sampler packs of various blades. Hope this help.

:D
Great idea on Letterk's Sampler. You may want to also try the Places To Shop link on the SMF home page. Also the 'bay usually stocks several brands. You can also post a WTB on the Selling and Trading forum right here at SMF and put the word out that you want to try different blades.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

BTW, welcome to SMF!!!

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
drumana

Post by drumana »

+1 for letterk sampler blade pack. I'm a fellow newbie (one month in) and have found the sampler pack to be very helpful. Different blades give different shaves for different faces. 8)
-Andrew-
Big Swifty

thanx

Post by Big Swifty »

I wanna thank you guys for the fast replies. I think i'll give the
sample pack from letterk a try since you all reccomend it.
again i just want to say thank you
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Steve,

Welcome to SMF.

The LetterK sample pack includes 5 different brands. Keep in mind to try the Feather blades last as only someone with at least some experience should use them. They are exceptionally sharp and if you are not careful you could have a bad shave.

Another thing to keep in mind, blades seem to shave differently in one razor to the next. For example, you might like Merkur blades in a Progress razor, but not in your Gillette Superspeed or some other combo. So, if you have more than 1 DE razor, I would stick to one razor and go through each brand of blade before switching razors and going through the sample pack again.

Your preference also might change with increased experience, so a blade you don't like now might seem better with more experience later.

I would try at least 2 blades per brand before switching to the next brand to give it a good try. These are all merely suggestions, so let us know how it goes and what your findings are. Good luck and as Oscar (Racso_MS) always says..."Enjoy your shave! :D "

EDIT: fixing typos...
Last edited by nodaktim on Fri May 04, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Zaniix

Post by Zaniix »

One day you may have to order the "Sample Pack" before even being allowed to login for the first time :D

Seriously its worth it!
Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Steve -

Tryphon's Barbieria Italiana also offers quite a variety of less known brands, though they will be getting the English Wilkinsons, as well. These are brands not included in the LetterK sample pack.

I just got a large order of Dorco blades from them, which are especially smooth. I've read, however, that they don't work as well with a heavy or tough beard. I also got some Sputnik and Treet blades to try out.

Tryphon can be found in the Shopping forum. The owner, Giovanni, is really great to do business with.

- Murray
jbc

Post by jbc »

I personally think that the sampler pack is what swifty needs, however I do not think this is what was being asked for. I do not think that there is any one store that can fill swifty's needs. Most stores, that I have found tend to sell only one or two different brands of blades rather than an assortment. Therefore what I think swifty needs to do is to to buy a sampler pack first then seek out different blades and find a web site that carrys the specific brand that swifty likes.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving