Why to inform ebay sellers what they REALLY have?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0175636871

224 the seller owes us 30% :lol: I hope he got emailed better pics :lol:
cutting_edge

Post by cutting_edge »

With The Grain wrote:
cutting_edge wrote:
Gatorade wrote::lol:
:wink: :wink: :wink:

OK.. lets be serious.. this one more than certainly was on the radar screen of more than just a couple of people. No one could hope to take it away for cheap. BTW seems like it might leave something to be desired for.
$150 - $200 should win it.
I disagree, without any mention I bet $60 would have won it, I've seen double rings go for far less, faaaar less! Really I'm not in the market anyway, but i still doubt it draws $150 and that's with the attention we've given it, time will tell i guess :wink: but every fourth week a double ring will go for under $60, I've seen it too many times.
...I rest my case. Even I underetimated the frenzy....!
cutting_edge

Post by cutting_edge »

Just ended this morning, $390...!

HERE

Anything special about the red velevet?
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

cutting_edge wrote:Just ended this morning, $390...!

HERE

Anything special about the red velevet?
Wow, I think I'm going to ebay mine now. As for the velvet, my only "guess" is that the red velvet may have been used on the slightly later end of the double ring production. The inside of mine is Green, it's labeled new york, and has no serial number. It's been quite a while since I did any digging for info on these but I think I left off rather sure that I had one of the earliest versions. Quite some time ago another user posted his, it was marked chicago but also had the green felt lining and had no serial number either (the leather on both our cases were also pretty beat up.) a while back DrP found a very nice double ring, red lined and from chicago:
In the box I believe there was a paper linking it to 1905. I've also seen a double ring marked out of Boston but I can not recall any other details. just a guess...

btw in digging for that pic of Peter's I saw that collection of big fellows you posted to the collectors corner thread, those are beautiful and have me pretty jealous :wink:
cutting_edge

Post by cutting_edge »

@@@@ that IS a nice red....! @@@@

Mine is purple, and has the New York address on the ribbon.

(and thanks for the compliment on the Big Fellows, my favorites really, also for shaving. I had some more in a B&B thread not too long ago... Here)
stephen732

Post by stephen732 »

my favorite razor is a 1911 gillete (model 102) from a lot of 8 razors on ebay, cost me $9 which included shipping. poor sucker, err i mean seller, had no idea :)
cutting_edge

Post by cutting_edge »

stephen732 wrote:my favorite razor is a 1911 gillete (model 102) from a lot of 8 razors on ebay, cost me $9 which included shipping. poor sucker, err i mean seller, had no idea :)
Picture?
cutting_edge

Post by cutting_edge »

The "New York" purple velvet double ring:

stephen732

Post by stephen732 »

as soon as i take pic i'll post :)