Boiling silver.........

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

Oscar,
this is Krumholz on ebay- http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrazorman2

I'd imagine if you messaged him, he'd list the book for you, I think he normally sells them for around 20+shipping. It's a great book that anyone with any interest in gillettes and DE's in general would enjoy
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

With The Grain wrote:Oscar,
this is Krumholz on ebay- http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrazorman2

I'd imagine if you messaged him, he'd list the book for you, I think he normally sells them for around 20+shipping. It's a great book that anyone with any interest in gillettes and DE's in general would enjoy
Thanks...
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
fritz

Post by fritz »

With The Grain wrote: That's pretty interesting, I never knew such kits existed. FWIW the fat boy and slim actually did come in gold also, under the names executive and aristocrat accordingly, but as you'd expect often carry a heavy price tag on the bay.
OK, now I'm still confused, but on a much higher level. I thought the third razor from the left in Image

this picture is an Aristocrat. It's not adjustable, and IMHO I think it's a SS (also no-notch). If not, then exactly what is it? Paid $24 shipped for it, and the ebay listing called it an Aristocrat. Oh, yeah, I know... :o That's one that needs a little touch-up, on the bottom of the handle...
Der Fritzer
"There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays, and every single one of them is right!" R. Kipling
My Working Stuff
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

Fritz :D welcome to ever so confusing and overlapping world of gillette. The Aristocrat model name was used for many razors, just as the executive name has been used more than once.

courtesy of tony's gallery:
and from collectorsencyclopedia:

edit- and yes yours is also an aristocrat, the most common model and thereby by default, the aristocrat anyone is talking about unless otherwise noted.
fritz

Post by fritz »

With The Grain wrote:Fritz :D welcome to ever so confusing and overlapping world of gillette. The Aristocrat model name was used for many razors, just as the executive name has been used more than once....
Wow, the 3 razors to the right of the "Aristocrat SS" in my picture could look like those....Yum! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Der Fritzer
"There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays, and every single one of them is right!" R. Kipling
My Working Stuff