Kinfolks razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
jhco50
Sixshooter

Kinfolks razor

Post by jhco50 »

I have won 2 Kinfolks razors on ebay and one of them come in. It had a nick in the blade and some pitting. I worked the nick out and put the blade to my buffer. It still has stains and some pitting but honed easily. I shaved with the Kinfolks today and all I can say is...it don't get no bettern' that! I used Hair shampoo to prewash my beard (condition works best), wetted my whiskers a few times with hot water to rinse, and started with my moustache area. If the razor is going to shave this is will it well tell me immediately. The Kinfolks melted the whiskers from this area. It shaved effortlously from stem to stern. No burn, no nicks, no pulling, just complete hair removal. Smooter than the baby's butt. I think I may put this one in my shaving stable.
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

I can't say as I am familiar with a Kinfolk razor? What else can you tell us about them?
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
jhco50
Sixshooter

Post by jhco50 »

Kinfolks was made in the good ol USA back in the early part of this century. Most of the cutlery firms were owned by different members of the case family and Kinfolks was one of the case family members. It is an excellent str8 razor and shaves beautifully. The second Kinfolks razor came in and it is absolutely mint. It will go into my collection.
Sixshooter
jhco50
Sixshooter

Post by jhco50 »

Hi Joel, where have you been? I have been collecting razors but my job situation nosedived again so I'm watching. I still try to sneek in the mint ones. That mint Kinfolks was a stroke of luck.

Almost all of the cutlery firms in the US, in the early days, were related in some way to the Case Family. Kinfolks says it all for that company. They were brothers, sons, Uncles or Brother-in-laws. Case was and still is well known for their cutlery.

Joel is an old hand at Straightrazor shaving. I'm surprised he hasn't started a bunch of threads:)