Gillette adjustable question

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Reverend Jim

Gillette adjustable question

Post by Reverend Jim »

Educate me please. I would like to know if the "Slim" adjustable has a longer handle than the standard or is it just slimmer. I'm looking to buy one of these if it is a bit longer than the regular Gillette. I've seen some on ebay but it is a bit difficult to tell from the pictures. Thanks.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
gruffydd63

Post by gruffydd63 »

I just measured my 1961 Fatboy and my 1962 Slim Adjustable. The slim handle is about 1/8" longer than the Fatboy but the Fatboy head is about 1/8" deeper then the slim, so the total length of both is the same. I hope this helps.

edited by author for spelling.
Dick
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Thanks Gruffy. My Schick Krona is acting up and I'm looking to replace it. I like the longer handle of the Krona but the regular Gillettes are a little aggressive. I am really not interested in Merkurs and was hoping that the slim was longer. Suggestions anyone? I guess I could always try to find another Krona.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
Exapno

Post by Exapno »

Reverend Jim wrote:Suggestions anyone? I guess I could always try to find another Krona.
Slim, long handled adjustable (black handle, longer than the slim) or like you said, another Krona.
"I don't know whether my life has been a success or a failure. But not having any anxiety about becoming one instead of the other, and just taking things as they come along, I've had a lot of extra time to enjoy life."
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Thnk you David! The pictures of the black handled slim did look like it had a longer handle but I wanted to be sure. Now to bag one!
gruffydd63

Post by gruffydd63 »

This lot of razors seems to include a black long handle slim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-Vintage-SAFETY-RA ... dZViewItem
Dick