Pal Adjustable injector

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I could look through my collection of injectors and see if I can find one with enough flaws to lack collector value but still give the same shave and not really have serious corrosion. But I don't have a lot of adjustables, and I want one to try out some more myself.

Once the Labor Day holiday is over, I suppose I should dump my adjustable (and my other) injectors while the prices there are still unreasonable.

There may be an occasional chance to find one for a moderate price on eBay in a larger lot, especially where the injector is barely mentioned or not mentioned at all. Then it becomes a calculation of the extra time spent vs. the money saved.

I plan to use the following phrases in my ad: "Black Magic Dial", "Best Shave in the Galaxy", "Beautiful Shiny Finish", "Investment Grade", "Only used by a little old man on Sundays who only used it to shave the fuzz off his peaches", etc., ad nauseum.
Last edited by Pauldog on Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phin

Post by phin »

Pauldog,

Don't forget "ran when parked".

Regards,
phin
themba

Post by themba »

That same seller has a Personna for sale, and bidding on it has gotten up to $31. For a Personna? It is not even an adjustable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERSONNA-BRAND-SCHI ... dZViewItem
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Themba, that PAL adjustable ended up going for over $157. Man, things have gotten nuts. That PAL is probably a nice specimen and all, but it ended up selling for 30% more than what a new Vision costs. I guess that gas crunch hasn't hurt the razor economy too much right now.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I can't believe the price. Where are these buyers coming from with that kind of mad money?

I got one of those on eBay several years ago, out of curiosity to try it, for maybe 10 bucks. It even has the case and instructions, and looks new. And now I need a safe deposit box for it?

What's nice is that since mine is used, I can try it out without affecting the resale value.

I wonder how long the bubble will hold? It reminds me of Beanie Babies in the 90's or Dutch tulips in the 1600's. Beanie Babies were the worst, since they had nearly zero intrinsic value.

I took photos on Sunday of a bunch of razors, so they most likely will go to auction from Thursday through Sunday of the following week (10 days), to catch the most bids. Look for hype to beat all previous hype on these things :wink: - "Greatest shave in recorded human history!" "Enhanced adjustment dial goes to 11!"
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Pauldog wrote:"Enhanced adjustment dial goes to 11!"
But why not make 10 more aggressive and just make that the highest?
Last edited by JackieMartling on Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phin

Post by phin »

But this one goes to 11.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Yeah, it goes to 11! That has to be better.

Actually, the Pal adjuster markings look like this: "L | | | H". Moving the dial toward L moves the blade away from the guard, so go figure.
themba

Post by themba »

I just returned home from vacation. I will be selling one of my PAL adjustbles to Joe Lerch. I will have two others for sale, along with 2 personna injectors, and some Type E Bakelite (Not really Bakelite, but everyone call them that) injectors. I may end up putting this stuff on ebay. That price for that PAL adj is just ridiculous. I have started to look at other sources for my injectors in addition to ebay.
rmcnelly

Post by rmcnelly »

themba wrote:I just returned home from vacation. I will be selling one of my PAL adjustbles to Joe Lerch. I will have two others for sale, along with 2 personna injectors, and some Type E Bakelite (Not really Bakelite, but everyone call them that) injectors. I may end up putting this stuff on ebay. That price for that PAL adj is just ridiculous. I have started to look at other sources for my injectors in addition to ebay.
Hi Themba, I've PM'd you hoping to purchase one of your PAL Adjustables.
--Rick
Gold GEM Micromatic tapered handle
Gillette HD Adj
Pomoco Slant Bar
Stahly Live Blade
PAL Adj