what!?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

what!?

Post by salbev »

i was fine. i was more than fine. i was happy. i was not in the know. i was totally happy. i was unaware... and then...

A 58TV ROCKET? (right middle)

excuse me? what's that you say? oh no... i can feel RAD miles away picking up speed. oh....no.
Occam

Re: what!?

Post by Occam »

salbev wrote:i was fine. i was more than fine. i was happy. i was not in the know. i was totally happy. i was unaware... and then...

excuse me? what's that you say? oh no... i can feel RAD miles away picking up speed. oh....no.
Wow, nice score Sal...

I'm envious :)
Ben

Merkur Futur in Au.
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

oh no, this was just a picture i saw over at badger and blade. i had no idea the TV58 had a Rocket version. if there was one razor that could take me out of my blissful fidelity...it would be that one.

who else even knew there was a Rocket 58TV???
Occam

Post by Occam »

salbev wrote:oh no, this was just a picture i saw over at badger and blade. i had no idea the TV58 had a Rocket version. if there was one razor that could take me out of my blissful fidelity...it would be that one.

who else even knew there was a Rocket 58TV???
Oh I see.. shame...

I received a Red tip flared Rocket yesterday and while it has some light pitting on the head and neck areas it is built like a tank sharing that aspect with other Rockets and is apparently quite rare (I'm guessing the right sided one of those red tips in the picture is one also). The red paint on mine is in much better shape.

I'm going to put it up for sale as I am just too hooked on straight razors at the moment.

BTW, it's the 6th razor from the left that is the English 58... and the handle appears a little thinner actually.
Ben

Merkur Futur in Au.
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Re: what!?

Post by nodaktim »

salbev wrote:i was fine. i was more than fine. i was happy. i was not in the know. i was totally happy. i was unaware... and then...

Sal, just like my previous sig line said...“...Where ignorance is bliss, Tis folly to be wise.” - Thomas Gray :D

You were happy and content until you found out there might be a greener pasture in an English 58TV... #-o
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

i just can't believe i never heard of a Rocket 58TV until this morning.
it ain't so bad really...it's good to know such a beauty exists and if it's not on my shelf then so be it...i guess...right? RIGHT! :twisted:
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Sal, I never knew the red-tips or the 58TV came in Rocket versions until this thread...with that said though...I personally think the US versions of both look better.

Does anyone here have a English 58TV or English red-tip to give us a comparisons to their U.S. brethren.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

nodaktim wrote:Sal, I never knew the red-tips or the 58TV came in Rocket versions until this thread...with that said though...I personally think the US versions of both look better.

Does anyone here have a English 58TV or English red-tip to give us a comparisons to their U.S. brethren.
well that makes me feel a little better! seriously, does anyone have one or know where to get one? i have never even heard any of the DE gurus mention the Rocket 58TV before. i also haven't seen any on ebay or anywhere else before this morning on badgerandblade.
talk about getting the wind knocked out of you!
offshoot

Post by offshoot »

Tim, I had that English red tip, but since I've never shaved with U.S. version, I can't give a comparison. Razor was ok shaver, but because I didn't care much of it, I threw it to garbage can about two months ago. The cycle of nature.

Vesa
Sando

Post by Sando »

Sal, buddy, please...pictures like this are not helping me. But maybe you can tell me why the English Gillettes have that space in the handle? Cosmetic? I know they're heavier so maybe it's a factor of how they're made.

Razor was ok shaver, but because I didn't care much of it, I threw it to garbage can about two months ago.
Vesa, you're joking...right?

...Ray
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

Ray, i know what you mean, the second i saw the Rocket TV i couldn't believe my eyes and all of a sudden the room started to get dark and...well, you get the idea. and i thought i was out of the woods with RAD and all that...oh dear me.

as far as the reason why English made Gillettes haev the gap and are heavier and all that, well i have no idea. i will say that they certainly feel better made. that is for sure! they're just cooler and that's that. i am not sure if they shave any better or worse than their US brothers, though. that is too difficult and far too important to generalize.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

sal, as long as you are a part of this forum you will never achieve true fidelity. Way too much temptation.

If you break your fidelity though I will lobby the admins to remove your custom title. :lol:
Richard
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

rustyblade wrote:sal, as long as you are a part of this forum you will never achieve true fidelity. Way too much temptation.

If you break your fidelity though I will lobby the admins to remove your custom title. :lol:
Richard! i can't believe you said that!

it's true, you're right about the temptation around this forum. i thought i had it licked, until a razor i never knew existed seemed to materialize before my internet burnt eyes. i thought i had taken at least a peak at every possible DE i would ever want. and then badgerandblade hits me when i wasn't even looking. could the proper expression here be : harumph!...?

oh no, i would rather keep my set-up in tact and thus keep my nickname as well if that should please the SMF Admins. i think i am lucky that i don't post over there or anyone from SMF owns one of those TV's, it seems...(crosses fingers).

no no, mr fidelity had a close call but he's back on track! thank you very much!
Last edited by salbev on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

rustyblade wrote:sal, as long as you are a part of this forum you will never achieve true fidelity. Way too much temptation.

Technically, if he replaces his US 58 TV for an English 58 TV and maintains fidelity with the English one, wouldn't that work. :P
~ Tim ~

salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

nodaktim wrote:

Technically, if he replaces his US 58 TV for an English 58 TV and maintains fidelity with the English one, wouldn't that work. :P
well well what's this? hmmm... what say you Sir Rustyblade?
offshoot

Post by offshoot »

Sando wrote:Vesa, you're joking...right?
Never. Two 40's SuperSpeeds had same fate.

Vesa
Sando

Post by Sando »

offshoot wrote:
Sando wrote:Vesa, you're joking...right?
Never. Two 40's SuperSpeeds had same fate.

Vesa
OK then that'll be me in the weeds staking out your trashcans.

...Ray
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

salbev wrote:
nodaktim wrote:

well well what's this? hmmm... what say you Sir Rustyblade?
Would it not be the same as replacing a damage or lost razor?? He would be sticking to the same model and not switching to...say a Aristocrat #66 or something.

He would not be bouncing back and forth between 2 different razors.
~ Tim ~

Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Sal,

Go take a big swig of Aqua Velva and lie down until the feeling passes. You'll be alright in the morning.

(they are cool looking razors though........)

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I must be thick as a brick....I don't get the excitement....too many becks perhaps?

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum