Schick Injector Blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Schick Injector Blades

Post by blackgrass »

I was at the drug store yesterday and noticed that they had several packages of Schick Injector blades for sell. I'm pretty sure they were less than $5.00 for 7 blades. There seems to be alot of talk about these razors and blades so I figured I would give a heads up. The drug store is called Drug Emporium and I'm pretty sure it's a large chain store.
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

The Schick brand of injector blades are also available at a Supermarket chain called Wegmans here in the Northeast. I have seen them in stores in NY and PA.
Approx. $4.70 for a pack of 7.
I have stocked up already :)

Steve
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Evening, Thanks, that's good to know. It seems to be regional, something like the Bic Metals. I've seen Schick Injector blades at several shops in NYC also, but here in Tampa, they are absolutely unavailable anywhere. I plan to stock up when I'm in NY in a couple of weeks. Regards, Gordon
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Gordon,

It was through your postings on the wet shaving boards that I became interested in the Injector, because i didn't really want to start with a DE.
I purchased a couple of new old (in blister pack) 1990's versions, and I am extremely happy with them. I get a great clean shave almost all of the time. the one thing that surprised me was the weight of these things, and how that helps with a good shave.
Like you I have a mustache/beard combination to consider when choosing a razor.
I have a friend in Japan that is currently looking for the version that is supposed to be sold in that market. So far he has had no luck :(

Thanks again Gordon.

Steve
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Steve, Thanks for sharing that, I'm glad it's worked out so well for you. The Injectors really are fine razors, and to think that they pulled them off the market to peddle that nasty Quatro, which even the cartridge shavers don't like! Yes, I think that they 'handle' extremely well, better then any DE I've ever used, even. If you learn anything from your buddy in Japan, please do share it on the forums. Regards, Gordon