progress buy on e-bay

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
shaveking

progress buy on e-bay

Post by shaveking »

I think everyone was asleep at the switch on this deal. won what has turned out to be a GOLD merkur progress in mint condition for 21.00 on 9/6. received today, it's a beaut. too bad i already shaved, looking forward to tomorrow am. pete
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

That might have been the one I wrote to the seller to ask about, and they couldn't give any information. They had written that they thought it was very old (50 years? something like that), but they really had no clue, and so I wasn't sure. Since I already had a nice Progress I got used for cheap on eBay, I passed, and you are the beneficiary! I'm glad it turned out to be good.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Wow! Congrats. It's nice to see that every now and again, somebody wins big on eBay, vs. paying big. The prices for vintage razors are ridiculous of late.

Let us know how it shaves!

Dave
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Re: progress buy on e-bay

Post by Pauldog »

shaveking wrote:I think everyone was asleep at the switch on this deal. won what has turned out to be a GOLD merkur progress in mint condition for 21.00 on 9/6. received today, it's a beaut. too bad i already shaved, looking forward to tomorrow am. pete

Was this the razor?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6556205256
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Re: progress buy on e-bay

Post by AACJ »

Pauldog wrote:
shaveking wrote:I think everyone was asleep at the switch on this deal. won what has turned out to be a GOLD merkur progress in mint condition for 21.00 on 9/6. received today, it's a beaut. too bad i already shaved, looking forward to tomorrow am. pete

Was this the razor?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6556205256
Paul,
If that was his razor, I think I know how he won.

The title is one big word " MERKURSOLINGENSAFETY RAZOR =GERMANY " so if you typed Merkur or safety razor as the title search, it would not pick it up. But it you typed safety razor in as a search title and description, it would find it but with a TON of others. And it doesn't mention Merkur in its desciption, only on the title (see above).

I think it was one of your posts about mispelled words as the title on ebay, but it looks like it was a good deal anyway.

Too bad for the seller!!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
shaveking

Post by shaveking »

Paul---that was'nt the razor I won, but probably is the same. shaved with it this am--what a dream. better than my hd gillette adjustable,shick injectors, and merkur hd. just about equalled my slant bar. pete
shaveking

Post by shaveking »

Paul---that was'nt the razor I won, but probably is the same. shaved with it this am--what a dream. better than my hd gillette adjustable,shick injectors, and merkur hd. just about equalled my slant bar. pete
shaveking

Post by shaveking »

Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

shaveking wrote:Paul---that was'nt the razor I won, but probably is the same. shaved with it this am--what a dream. better than my hd gillette adjustable,shick injectors, and merkur hd. just about equalled my slant bar. pete

Which one was yours, then?
shaveking

Post by shaveking »

Paul---mine was listed as old safety razor by hoffritz cutlery germany item655732759 pete
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

This one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6557322759

I think I looked at that one, too.
shaveking

Post by shaveking »

Thats the one--it's in mint condition, real hefty, more so than the merkur and gillette hds .
shaveking

Post by shaveking »

Thats the one--it's in mint condition, real hefty, more so than the merkur and gillette hds .