Tiger blades, a review

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

Add me to the list of those who think this blade is correctly named. By that I mean they feel just like getting clawed in the face by a tiger.

I've irritated and cut myself worse than any other DE blade, and only my worst multi-blade shaves have compared. This is the first blade where I won't use the remaining blades (or even a second shave with the one I tried). I've only tried 5 blades, so take that for what it's worth.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Haine

Post by Haine »

I've used the tiger, and it may have just saved me from shelfing my merkur HD.

I've yet to nick myself, or get any irritation from any of the shaves. I think I may have to buy some more of these. Along with some more cream and some skinfood. >_<
Regards, Lionel
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That was my first review and my assessment was a bit conservative. Accordingly, I've advanced the rating some.
Regards,
Squire
Haine

Post by Haine »

Either way, those blades are my face's new best friend. XD I'd wish Possum had sent me more then one when he sold me my Merkur tho. Lmao.

I'll have to get some from Connaught probably.
Regards, Lionel
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

Squire wrote:... At this point it seems the most useful information to be gleaned is to compare edge bevel, shapreness and shaving characteristics. Presuming one has the basic shaving skills the cream or soap do not seem to matter much.
This is good to know since I have two more cans of Old Spice sensitive to use up, and my first several months of DE shaving last year were spent using it exclusively.

The Body Shop Sandalwood does seem to have better beard softening qualities, but the aloe and lanolin the the Old Spice help my skin too.

Can get a good shave with either as long as I work on my technique.

Looks like I've stumbled upon the beginnings of the blade review annals on SMF. Interesting read.
richy

Post by richy »

these blades are quickly becoming my favourites and I find myself reaching for them far more than any others I currently stock ,I've had nothing but clean and smooth irritation free shaves with them no matter which soap I use.