Is this Mint Slim for real?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
elawyer

Is this Mint Slim for real?

Post by elawyer »

Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0053401952

A couple things bother me. First, he says "Opens easy, closes tight, adjuster dial clicks and moves easy. Razor has been oiled inside," but if the package is sealed, how does he know this? I didn't think new razors were oiled by Gillette.

Next, none of the numerals are visible. Numerals are dark black, they should show easily through the packaging. I don't see them in any shot.

Last, if the package is sealed, how can he tell it's stamped N-4? I can barely make out the date on an unpackaged razor in bright light. How can he see it here? If he tilts the package from the bottom, the plastic box puts him three inches from the underside of the head, and also he has to see through plastic held at an angle. The code is not on the packaging.

Is it a legit mint item?
Thanks.
Last edited by elawyer on Sat May 17, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k1rod

Post by k1rod »

I think it's legit. He is using a template because he has a standard process for cleaning and selling razors. His process doesn't apply to this one but he forgot to delete those details. What bothers me is the $250 price tag!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

i have bought a razor from him myself and can vouch that it was just like he describe and was totally pleased with him and if i wanted to buy a razor i would buy again .but then again if they start getting at this price here i dont think i would from anyone.

randy
brz90

Post by brz90 »

Same again - I've bought a razor from this guy and I rate him as a trustworthy seller who knows about razors and sells some great ones. Mine was cheaper than this though by more than $200!
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

The price is out there as far as I'm concerned. Way, way out there!

Maybe he revised his ad, since I don't see "Opens easy, closes tight..." Maybe it was copied from a used razor ad, and the seller caught the error later.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Pauldog wrote:The price is out there as far as I'm concerned. Way, way out there!

Maybe he revised his ad, since I don't see "Opens easy, closes tight..." Maybe it was copied from a used razor ad, and the seller caught the error later.
Did you miss the part about free shipping?
That saves about $4.95 right there.
So, it's really only about $215 more than I'd pay...
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic