Gilette 7 o'Clock blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Gilette 7 o'Clock blades

Post by clownjuggles »

http://www.venusworldwide.com/razor_blades.htm

USA source it seems. For your shopping pleasure. They have some very unique looking straights as well.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Hi Peter!

Post by guenron »

Are these the Indian (subcontinent in Asia) manufactured Gillettes?
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
mitchll

Re: Hi Peter!

Post by mitchll »

guenron wrote:Are these the Indian (subcontinent in Asia) manufactured Gillettes?
The seller is located in Pakistan, but cash usually trumps politics. Look how many taiwan computers are actually made in mainland china.
Joe Lerch

Re: Hi Peter!

Post by Joe Lerch »

But Pakistani razors are known to be junk. I wonder if the blades are any better.
mitchll wrote:
guenron wrote:Are these the Indian (subcontinent in Asia) manufactured Gillettes?
The seller is located in Pakistan, but cash usually trumps politics. Look how many taiwan computers are actually made in mainland china.
Joe
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Joe, Well, those Pakistani knock off straight razors are notoriously poor, but we had a thread here not long ago on these '7 o'clock' Indian DE blades that seemed to suggest that they were at least tolerable. At least that's how I interpreted the gist of that thread. Didn't make me want to jump up and hunt some down though. Regards, Gordon
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

India has always had a respected steel industry. The famous Damascus steel actually originated in India. That's why I find it so strange that the Pakistani razors are so awful.
bernards66 wrote:Joe, Well, those Pakistani knock off straight razors are notoriously poor, but we had a thread here not long ago on these '7 o'clock' Indian DE blades that seemed to suggest that they were at least tolerable. At least that's how I interpreted the gist of that thread. Didn't make me want to jump up and hunt some down though. Regards, Gordon
Joe