Squire's Blade Reviews

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
melyus
Vendor

Post by melyus »

İ Tried featherPlatinum coated blades , treet dura sharp, permasharp(MAde in Turkey but Gİlette Own the company anymore and producing in Russia) DErby extra, Wilkinson(made in germany) Rapira (MAde İn Russia)Astra platinum
Shark platinum( Lord Production in EGYPT) my practice is with these blades.

İn my Opinion and all the world opinion also, Feather is no 1 between these blades.
2. Shark
3. wilkinson
4.permasharp
5.astra platium
6.derby
7.rapira
8.Treet dura sharp

İ tried these blades with gilette rocket DE safety razor..

İ want to try all other brands on the world but in turkey there is no place to sell them so .. İ bought feather from ebay and i am happy with them.
İ am interesting All personnas big kai all gilette models. and etc

REgards.!
melyus
Vendor

Perma Sharp

Post by melyus »

Here in Turkey We have 2 kind boxes Perma Sharp DE Razor. Both of them is same and now Gilette Company Buy the company producing these items in Russia Gilette Factory... These DE Razor Quality is same as Wilkinson Sword and better than Derby Extra..Usefull everyday usage..

REgars !
melyus
Vendor

Post by melyus »

İ want to add Rapira Razor Blades These are Russian DE Razor Blades İ will add Pictures later..

REgards!
melyus
Vendor

Post by melyus »

İ am using wilkinson DE Razor Blade but it is made in Germany ..İt is not like ekonomie.. and very sharp.. less than Feather but much than shark or dura sharp. i want to share its picture as well..

Regards!

george

Post by george »

Viking and Asco Red Box added. Thanks to those who notified me that they were there. I try to watch for his reviews, but these two got by me. I apologize for the delay.

Thanks again, Squire! Many are waiting for the new reviews.
-Michael
StGeorge
I'm not worthy

Re: Perma Sharp

Post by StGeorge »

melyus wrote:Image

Here in Turkey We have 2 kind boxes Perma Sharp DE Razor. Both of them is same and now Gilette Company Buy the company producing these items in Russia Gilette Factory... These DE Razor Quality is same as Wilkinson Sword and better than Derby Extra..Usefull everyday usage..

REgars !
Melyus, I tried these and found them not too good. I think they would be better after hand stropping. I noticed in TRNC that Derby are pushing cartridge razors and traditional blades are becoming harder to find.
Tony

667....neighbour of the beast.
melyus
Vendor

Post by melyus »

StGeorge wrote:

REgars !
Melyus, I tried these and found them not too good. I think they would be better after hand stropping. I noticed in TRNC that Derby are pushing cartridge razors and traditional blades are becoming harder to find.
Dear Tony,
As you know every face is different shapes and characteristics so your face do not like perma- sharp in my opinion. Why I said like this: because Perma-sharp is more quality and expensive other than Turkish DE razor .In Turkey everbody knows that. in the other hand derby is most popular and best known Turkish DE razor blade in the world.maybe no one knows Perma-Sharp brand in the world like Derby. Also İ have been in TRNC 5 year and I agree with you.
Finally the Gillette Company buy the Perma-Sharp Co and carried the production to Russia so Perma-Sharp Astra and gilette Producing in There anymore.
İf you want to try new Perma-Sharp and Derby i can send you samples for free charge please give me your postal address With PM.
StGeorge
I'm not worthy

Post by StGeorge »

melyus wrote:
StGeorge wrote:

REgars !
Dear Tony,
As you know every face is different shapes and characteristics so your face do not like perma- sharp in my opinion. Why I said like this: because Perma-sharp is more quality and expensive other than Turkish DE razor .In Turkey everbody knows that. in the other hand derby is most popular and best known Turkish DE razor blade in the world.maybe no one knows Perma-Sharp brand in the world like Derby. Also İ have been in TRNC 5 year and I agree with you.
Finally the Gillette Company buy the Perma-Sharp Co and carried the production to Russia so Perma-Sharp Astra and gilette Producing in There anymore.
İf you want to try new Perma-Sharp and Derby i can send you samples for free charge please give me your postal address With PM.
Melyus, yes, maybe I didn't give them a proper try out or maybe I got some old stock. I'd definitely be interested in trying some again. I tell you what, if there is a blade you'd like to try that you can't obtain let me know and we'll trade. I appreciate the kind offer. I'll PM you my address.
Tony

667....neighbour of the beast.
sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

squire are you going to be testing anymore blades in the near future?

i sure enjoy learning about how a blade performs.

thanks

randy
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes Randy, I have at least eight to yet post once the site allows my posting pictures.
Regards,
Squire
sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

allllrite :D

thanks squire

randy
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

Squire wrote:...I have at least eight to yet post once the site allows my posting pictures.
I can't wait as I really enjoy your reviews!
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Where's the review of the yellow box 7 O'Clock blades?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Pauldog wrote:Where's the review of the yellow box 7 O'Clock blades?
Here it is.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Thank you. I edited the list of Squire's reviews to note which one referred to the yellow box.
stephen732

Post by stephen732 »

melyus wrote:İ am using wilkinson DE Razor Blade but it is made in Germany ..İt is not like ekonomie.. and very sharp.. less than Feather but much than shark or dura sharp. i want to share its picture as well..

Regards!

the German Wilkinson is one of the best blades i've ever used but i can't seem to find them anymore. where do you get your blades from?
1907 Gillette model 102
Merkur long handle open comb
Wars cream (Poland)
stephen732

Post by stephen732 »

Squire,
do you have a review of the made in England Wilkinson Sword Classic?
1907 Gillette model 102
Merkur long handle open comb
Wars cream (Poland)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Stephen, yes the original ones made in England are listed in my reviews as Wilkinson, the Blade, England. Very good blades though unfortunately no longer available.
Regards,
Squire
Nate

Post by Nate »

Squire, have you ever thought about doing a before and after picture? For example, take your favorite blade, take close up picture, shave seven times, and then retake the picture. I don't know if that is worth trying or if it has been done and I am a little behind the times. Anyway, just a thought.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I've done that Nate and at 450 power the difference is not noticeable.
Regards,
Squire