You thought DE's were silly on ebay!

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Are the Trac II razors available any more? Maybe the people are bidding up simply for its perceived collector's value.
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Jackie,

I think I saw close to a hundred of those suckers in my local walmart...
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Well, Peter, that's what I get for opening my yap about things of which I have no knowledge. Honestly, I haven't used standard drug-store offerings in shaving products for years, so I wouldn't even know what's out there anymore. Not to mention, when I first started wet shaving at 17 (following a few torturous years of dry shaving with a bottom-of-the-line Remington) the Sensor was just coming out, so I never even looked at a Trac II. But I digress...

I stand corrected, and given that the Trac II is still on the market, I would agree that $17.00 is far too much to pay for what is being offered in that auction.

Here's something funny: I just looked at the Gillette website to see what other razors they put out that I might not know about, and I found they have this to say about the quality of their products:

The company's strong, sustained growth in blades and razors reflects the outstanding market performance of its technologically superior products.

You notice they don't actually say their products are good, just that their products are technologically superior and highly marketable. Nobody doubts their marketability. Technologically superior to what? A DE? A straight razor? From an R&D standpoint, undoubtedly so. From a functional standpoint... do we really want to go there?
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Jackie,

Couple things could be possible.

A- They have a regional deal

B- My local store just doesn't move that much inventory.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.