Treet Classic Dura Sharp Coated Blades, a Review

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Clarke, Treet makes a variety of blades and these are the good ones. Frankly, I think they are the best of the half dozen varieties I've tried.
Regards,
Squire
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I tried one of these blades, tonight, for the first time. Though one shave isn't enough to be sure, first impressions are that this blade is as smooth and sharp as any I have used.

- Murray
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

Just finished five days of shaving with one this past week. They are everything you've said they are, Squire.

So smooth that I found myself bearing down at times a la plastique razeur in certain areas, yet with no consequences.

Most of the time attention was paid to pressure by recalling how barbers used to shave the back of my neck with a straight, and got it amazingly clean.

The sound of those hairs on the back of my neck being cut while hardly feeling anything is a memory that has come back since I returned to DE shaving this year.

Minimal irritation, except for yesterday in the usual suspect area, the right lower jaw line.
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

Squire wrote:Clarke, Treet makes a variety of blades and these are the good ones. Frankly, I think they are the best of the half dozen varieties I've tried.
My experience, surprisingly, has been the opposite. I say surprisingly as I am almost always in agreement with your reviews. I generally like Treet blades very much, but this one always seems to prove troublesome for me, with frequent nicks and razor burn. It's my least favourite of the brand.
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

Shave Cat wrote:Giovanni gave me one of these Treet blades as a sample a while back, but I didn't get around to trying it until last week. I almost removed it from my SS and didn't try it when I realized it was a carbon steel blade, but I'm glad I went ahead and tried it anyway. These blades a quite sharp and are capable of giving a close shave. Since I sometimes get a little overaggressive with my shaves, so I need to be careful when using these. I was certainly surprised by their quality since most Treet blades receive poor reviews.

-Clarke
I recently noticed something about this blade while loading one into a razor.
The coating is smooth and reflective enough that I can see the irregular image of a light bulb in it from over the bathroom mirror.

The overall color of this blade is a bit duller gray than a stainless blade, but the coating is so smooth it makes the blade act like a mirror in the right light.

The coating is probably PTFE, or teflon, which in its native state is probably an off-white color like the nylon bristles in my Omega Sintex brush. The coating is so smooth and so even and thin that it becomes virtually transparent on the blade.

I have also noticed the same phenomenon on the Treet Platinum, which likely has the same coating.
JohnInPeoria

Post by JohnInPeoria »

I like this blade very much.

It is now $15 for 100.

Goodbye, strong dollar.
All the best,

John

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it." Chesterton
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

Try connaughtshaving.com.

Due to the favorable exchange rate between the GBP and USD, price per 100 is somewhere between Dorco 301's and Crystals listed on eBay.

Shipping is cheaper than the other source too, and prompt.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good vendor
Regards,
Squire
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Squire,

I just had to do this. If you bought 1,000 of these blades and you get seven shaves per blade, that is 19+ years worth.
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Got more than 1000.
Regards,
Squire
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Squire wrote:Got more than 1000.
Squire,
You shouln be a clean shaven man for years to come!

I just bought a sample pack of these from Giovanni based on your review, but have not tried one yet.
Roger

Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

I just shaved with this blade today, it was a real treet to use! No dragging at all, and absolutely no nicks or irratation, a real comfort to use. I'll see how many shaves I can get out of them.
"Life aint about how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
NewYorkBuck

Post by NewYorkBuck »

Started a new blade of these this week. As is the case with many of my blades, somehow these magically got better as I increased my experience w a DE. I tried them about a year ago and hated them. This week, I love them.

One of the most interesting things I notice about them is they are louder than any other blade Ive tried. Really make that ssshhhhhhwwwwwoooop sound in the razor, and thats a Merkur Classic LH. They are prob really loud in a Futur or Vision.

In any event, w Giovanni being AWOL, anyone know where a guy can pick up some more of these?
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

- George Bernard Shaw
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

NewYorkBuck wrote:In any event, w Giovanni being AWOL, anyone know where a guy can pick up some more of these?
http://connaughtshaving.com/carbon.html
NewYorkBuck

Post by NewYorkBuck »

Seamaster wrote:
NewYorkBuck wrote:In any event, w Giovanni being AWOL, anyone know where a guy can pick up some more of these?
http://connaughtshaving.com/carbon.html

Thx. 200 for 18 bucks!
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

- George Bernard Shaw
sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

i wish i would have orderd 200 instead of just 100

randy
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

I had shave #3 with one this a.m. They are nice blades.
Roger

sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

Shave4Fun wrote:I had shave #3 with one this a.m. They are nice blades.
aren't theses a nice blades. i was wondering how many shaves most get from these . blades seem to last me a little longer than most people but if they are a 4 shaver blade for me ill order another batch.

i like their motto on the box of the blade.

A TREET.....FOR YOUR FACE
jss

Post by jss »

Squire in which razors have you found these blades performed best?? Thanks....Julian
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey Julian, these blades performed well in all my razors.
Regards,
Squire