Long handle slant

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Cavman

Long handle slant

Post by Cavman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:11 pm

I am done giving away razors. I believe I have ordered my last Merkur. I did order a long handle slant today. I am curious if I will like it better or not. I love my standard gold slant. I did not opt for colors, just the plain old chrome. Should get it mid next week. Any chatter?
John

Just smile & wave boys, just smile & wave. (Madagascar)

Slant-Fan

Post by Slant-Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 am

Great razor. The long handle gives more leverage and the heavy ring under the head puts the weight where it is the most effective. If you like the standard 37C you will probably love the long 39C. Just keep the no pressure thing in mind.
Regards,

jimmy

Crhis

Post by Crhis » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:17 am

I find the extra weight and length work better in my (admittedly quite large) hands and so I'm able to stick with no pressure more easily.

It's certainly my favourite razor so far.

Cavman

Post by Cavman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:11 pm

Got my 39C today, thank's Em's!!! I really never thought the barber pole was a improvement visually. However I wanted to replace the 37C I gave away. I decided to try the longer handle. I have been shaving with a slant for about a year now. I have replaced several of them as I sold my backup to others. They have all shaved the same for me, including my very nice 37G. First shave with the 39C was incredible. I have never achieved this level of shave before. Went with Trumpers almond, pure badger, & a brand new Feather. No nicks, burns or anything negative. New meaning to BBS. I don't want to speculate if it is the weight, or the angle because of the handle length but this razor worked better for me. Like up to 25% better. I think I still prefer the looks of the 37G though. This will be my daily razor. The Gold is for special. Don't fear the Slant!! Who was it that started all this by making their own long handle slant???
John

Just smile & wave boys, just smile & wave. (Madagascar)