Cutting down a Feather for an Injector

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
shaveshell

Cutting down a Feather for an Injector

Post by shaveshell »

I've read here taking the Feather disposable blades and cutting them down to fit into an Injector. Well, I bought some try and tried this morning, however, my cut of the blade wasn't that smooth so I could feel the side of the blade on my cheek while I shaved (ouch). I used heavy sheers (probably not the best idea). How do those that cut down Feathers do it?

Thanks,
Matt
buster

Post by buster »

I've done this with metal snips. Just cut them a tad shorter so they don't stick out the side and you're good.

I really like treating myself with this razor/blade combo every now and again. I say every now and again because it's a pain in the ass to cut them and load them into an injector cartridge, but such is life.
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

I've used a small diamond paddle hone to knock off the newly created sharp corner but you can simply hide it behind the little nib that is used to position the blade. On the other hand, why break and otherwise hamstring a wonderful Feather blade by putting it into a safety razor? Those Feathers are meant for shaving, open and unrestricted! :twisted:

Regards

Kaptain "Make mine straight, sharp and hold the safety bar" Zero
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.