What's the deal with the Vision 2000?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Nothing delivers the goods for me like a Futur, but being a guy and therefore never satisfied with what can be further tinkered with, I have but one burning question that remains, and this thread touches on it.

Is a Vision supposed to be an evolution of the Futur? I find it hard to believe it could work any better, but it does look mighty interesting, like a Futur on steroids. Is it basically the same idea as the Futur but with more bells and whistles, or something entirely different? I find it hard to believe the Futur could be improved...
Steve

Post by Steve »

Seamus,

I don't know if it's better because I never tried the Futur. It does have the butterfly opening for blade changes. It does cost more too. For me it's the best I have tried but your Futur may be a better value.

Steve
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I certainly have no complaints about the quality of my Futur, or its shaving qualities.
Regards,
Squire
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

I also have and use a Vision 2000, it's several yrs old now, and still works perfectly. Just rinse it under clear water after each shave, and it keeps on clicking. At least no mechanical problems with it yet.

It is a large razor, but the weight, handle heft and length, seem to work well for me. Once you get accustom to the Vision, most other razors feel light and almost toy like in the hand.

The other unusual aspect of this razor, is that almost any blade you put into it works well. 7AM, Super Max, Derbys, Dura Treet, all blades that don't work for me in my Gillette's or other Merkur's................work wonderfully in the Vision. I can't explain it. And if I remember correctly, some other Vision user's have mentioned this item also.

Once you use one, it becomes a very addictive razor.
Stubble
wrath186

Post by wrath186 »

Love my Vision, but it definately has a steep learning curve. I didn't learn how to use it correctly until I took a step back and got a less agressive razor and worked on my technique. With proper technique it's a joy to use.
Furrball2

Post by Furrball2 »

The Vision 2000 was my first DE. I bought a Barbor Pole and haven't looked back.

dave
Pen: Namiki
Razor: Merkur (Vision 2000) now 38C
Blades: Feather
Brush: Muhle-Pimsel silvertip
SureFire Executive Defender