fatboy twist knob

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
sparkster123

fatboy twist knob

Post by sparkster123 »

my fatboy knob is getting very difficult to twist . i was wondering if you have any suggestions to loosen this up so it will be smooth again. i had followed the sticky to clean it up and it was smooth before.

thank you for any suggestions

randy
Adeptus_Minor

Post by Adeptus_Minor »

If you've already cleaned it and/or soaked it in something that would dissolve any soap scum or mineral deposits in the inner workings, then maybe try something like Rem-Oil or Tri-Flo.
A penetrating oil with teflon or the like.
Be sure not to use too much, the excess could seep into the shaving head and probably wouldn't agree with shaving-sensitized skin.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

After a good clean, soak it in mineral oil for about 10 to 15 minutes. Move the mechanism a few times during the soak. Then take it out, and let it drain on a towel for an hour or so. Should be good as new.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

thank you and i will give this a try. got to have my shave gear in tip top shape you know

randy
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

This is why you should keep a spare Fat Boy ready as a spare. And in case that isn't enough a Slim Adjustable and maybe a couple of those too and .... well you get the picture.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
Occam

Post by Occam »

Or just leave it set on 9 :)
Ben

Merkur Futur in Au.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I had those symptoms with my long black adjustable and eventually concluded the gears were worn out. No amount of cleaning or oiling would fix mine. I eventually got a mint Fatboy and discovered that I hadn't been getting good close shaves with the old one. Was going to give it to my grandson, but it wasn't worth using any more.
Ouchmychin (Pete)