Page 1 of 1

English made Knack question

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:24 am
by Shave4Fun
Is the Gillette Knack made in England called a Knack? Seems like I read it was called by a different name.


There is no date code on the razor. Handle is blue. Says "Gillette" on one side of the handle and "England" on the other; it came with case, etc., as pictured.


Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:23 am
by Reverend Jim
I think it was called the "Slim Twist". I'm not positive but I'm sure someone around here is.

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:06 am
by Pauldog
Slim Twist sounds right to me.

Gillette's last TTO double edge razor sold in the USA was made in England, and was called a "Double Edge" on the package. It had a much smaller twist knob than the Knack or Slim Twist.

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:39 am
by Shave4Fun
Picture added.

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:34 pm
by brz90
I've got one of these razors in a box along with its original packaging and it was marketed as a 'super slimtwist'.
It shaves very nicely even though it doesn't feel quite as well made as the earlier generation of razors.
The original slimtwist had a different kind of plastic handle in white, cream or black.