100 Swedes for £13.99?

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
jpkunst

100 Swedes for £13.99?

Post by jpkunst »

Jan Pieter
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

Were they ever sold in 10 packs? The offer also sounds too cheap to be true.
Jarmo
jpkunst

Post by jpkunst »

JarmoP wrote:Were they ever sold in 10 packs? The offer also sounds too cheap to be true.
That was exactly what I was thinking. Both thoughts.
Jan Pieter
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

I'm sure Ben had a picture of some 10 packs in one of the threads when he was selling them earlier this year. These blades have Annecy as the first address on the back and a V3 code on the blade itself, similar to the Q3 blades that Ben was selling. What was the verdict on those Q3 blades?

cheers

Pete
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

Yes, these will be be French packs. I had a couple of tens (indeed, a couple of twelves - two extra free promos). Shaved the same as the UK packs we know and love, if memory serves.
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

The package color design has not been associated to blades distributed to France in the shave forums I visited. If they are really, perhaps much more NOS that the recently gone extinct "swedes"? When was the last time they were sold in France?

To me it has always been a bit bother that the 5 blade packages of Gillette Platinum blades have had that "swede" label, since more appropriate the blue-white colors are closer associated to my country's flag color, though the blue is more dark. So it was always a minor insult to call them Swedes instead Finns, hehe.
Jarmo
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Jarmo, I completely agree. :lol:
Regards,
Jani
jpkunst

Post by jpkunst »

A picture which I snagged from B&B.
They look legit to me.

Jan Pieter
jpkunst

Post by jpkunst »

Seamaster wrote:Yes, these will be be French packs. I had a couple of tens (indeed, a couple of twelves - two extra free promos). Shaved the same as the UK packs we know and love, if memory serves.
Mentioned (with pictures) in this post. The packs pictured there look older (judging by typography) than the packs mentioned in this thread.

I ordered a box of 100 of these Gillette Platinums. Should be interesting.
Jan Pieter
murchmb

Post by murchmb »

Was there ever a consensus on these "Annecy" Swedes? To thicken the plot, I've seen Annecy mentioned on two different Gillette Platinum packs. One was 5 blade dispenser, the other the 10 blade we see here.
Mike
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Well these blades seem to be the same as the Stockholm and Surrey blades I have tried. It will be interesting to hear other opinions, I can't find anything about the Q3 blades that Ben found earlier this year.

cheers

Pete
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

With shipping, the cost is almost exactly $.30 per blade for the first hundred, and a little less for additional ones.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I wrote to the seller, and this is what he replied:

"I have asked someone who uses these blades and apparently these are the gillette platinum blades that are now discontinued but are more commonly known as swedes."
murchmb

Post by murchmb »

I asked the seller how old they were and how much stock they had. The reply was "im not sure of the age of these blades and all i have left is what is listed, i have had quite a lot of these, they have been very popular but this is the last of them."
Mike
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I wondered about that, as the packing looked oldish. The French made Gillette Platinums were excellent, IMO. I last saw them in the US some time in the late '80s I think it was.
Regards,
Gordon
MasterP

Post by MasterP »

Ordered some!
cmiwa

Post by cmiwa »

Well, whatever their provenance, they were just cleaned out. 6,000 blades in less than an hour. Hope a lot of the guys got some.
MasterP

Post by MasterP »

Got the last 800.
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

I expect to see a lot of these blades back on one or more of the forums in the next few weeks at a considerable mark up.

Time to find some mug with more money than sense to buy my Sticky and my Gold #66.

:roll:
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I expect to see a lot of these blades back on one or more of the forums in the next few weeks at a considerable mark up.
+1 or at least some ones got pretty good blades perhaps, for a bargain price.
Jarmo