Daisy Safety Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Reverend Jim

Daisy Safety Razor

Post by Reverend Jim »

I don't have a Daisy razor but my mother in law gave me a box for one. We hoped there was a razor in it because it rattled but that turned out to be a mechanical pencil. There is a picture on the front of the box of a GEM type razor. Does anyone know anything about these razors?
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
dash maverick

Re: Daisy Safety Razor

Post by dash maverick »

Reverend Jim wrote:I don't have a Daisy razor but my mother in law gave me a box for one. We hoped there was a razor in it because it rattled but that turned out to be a mechanical pencil.
I don't think your mother in law likes you very much... :lol: :lol:
Anthony

The Dashing Maverick
"mostly imitated, barely updated"
fatcity

Re: Daisy Safety Razor

Post by fatcity »

Is it a nice pencil?
dash maverick wrote:I don't think your mother in law likes you very much... :lol: :lol:
Naw, she would have given you a straight razor if she was looking for a new son-in-law
HH
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

"Daisy'? Was this the same as the BB gun people do you suppose? I've not heard of a razor by that name.
Regards,
Gordon
fatcity

Post by fatcity »

bernards66 wrote:"Daisy'? Was this the same as the BB gun people do you suppose?
I had wondered the same thing. I guess, if it shaves half as good as a Daisy shoots - well, you'll put your eye out!
HH
Reverend Jim

Post by Reverend Jim »

Well, my mother in law IS pretty cool. She has been cleaning out her house to sell and I have received two Kronas (in original boxes), an injector, and an Old Spice mug. BTW, the mechanical pencil in the razor box turns out to be from the mid 1800's.

Are the pictures really not coming out? They are on my computer.

I am not a collector but was guessing that one of you was. If one of you would like this box for your collection, please PM me with an address and I will pop it in the mail to you free of charge----I'll even pay postage. :D
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.