Loving the Tech

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
richy

Loving the Tech

Post by richy »

My very first vintage razor was a ball handle Tech ,used it on and off for a few months before adding it to the growing list of items that gave me irritation and pain { took me a while to realise/admit extremely poor technique was the reason }

Anyway having used it again since I was extremely impressed with the little razor especially used with a Tiger or Feather blade ,so impressed I've bought a few of the thick handle variety and the criss cross aluminium handle version ,all give great comfortable shaves and are a worthy change of pace from the Futur.

Anyone else favour the mild tech's ?
There will always be more stuff
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Richy -

The thick-handled Tech has been my favorite for a long time. I use it with a Treet Dura Sharp "Classic" blade (carbon steel with PTFE coating) or an Iridium Super.

- Murray
richy

Post by richy »

CMur12 wrote:Hi Richy -

The thick-handled Tech has been my favorite for a long time. I use it with a Treet Dura Sharp "Classic" blade (carbon steel with PTFE coating) or an Iridium Super.

- Murray
Thankfully Murray these gems are still cheap and a-plenty on EBay ,no doubt that will change in time.
Must say I favour the thick handle myself ,just seems more ,I dont know ,nicer ? for want of a better term.

Havent tried the Treet ,Elios and Sharpe blades seem to work well as do Trig

Rich
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

Yes, Tech is a good shaver. Mine is aluminium short handle british tech. It clamps the blade nicely using the blade's end flaps so there is not any play how to make blade exposure even. It is even if the blade end flaps are.
Jarmo
ccoppola

Post by ccoppola »

You just can't go wrong with a tech!! I prefer the fatty techs....The british techs have a machined plate as opposed to the stamped plate...they are even better IMO! Still...never met a tech i didn't like!!!!
CK

Post by CK »

I just got a nice English criss-crossed hatch tech on ebay. It is in really great shape...looks like new. It is my new favorite shaver. I figured if I were getting one I would spend a couple of bucks extra on a nice one from England.
Charlie
HUBBY with a C

Post by HUBBY with a C »

I must say I really like my fat handle tech. It will deliver a comfortable shave, although i can never quite get a BBS.
Allen
ccoppola

Post by ccoppola »

HUBBY with a C wrote:I must say I really like my fat handle tech. It will deliver a comfortable shave, although i can never quite get a BBS.
I'm guessing you have tried many blades?? A fat tech w/ a feather gives me BBS every time...but you have to commit to 3 passes. :) Have you tried the British Fat tech? The machined plate makes a difference. I highly recommend it!

CC
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Indeed the Tech is a wonderful shaving device. I own three and enjoy them all.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
richy

Post by richy »

Yes I think after the Futur the tech is my favourite ,though as has already been mentioned it's a 2-3 pass shave ,which for me is a pleasure ,lets face it we all love shaving otherwise why be on the forum?.
merkri

Post by merkri »

Aw shucks. I love my techs. You all are making me feel ashamed for even thinking about getting a superadjustable.
MadAussie

Post by MadAussie »

yep, a '39 fat handled tech with a bob razorworks handle.. its best razor of all my 3 piece or tto's..
-- Stu, the mad Australian living in Virginia :: Come on you Irons!! WHUFC --
- Honed on the grave stone of Bruce Lee -
mmortus

Post by mmortus »

When I give the Futur a day off, I pick up the British Tech or my British Rocket. Both are excellent smooth shavers! There is something about the British razors that make them that much better.
Regards,
Matt
ccoppola

For my fellow Tech Lovers....Thought you might enjoy this.

Post by ccoppola »

WW II production only. Bakelite Handle and Black cap....so as not to reflect sunlight while in the field.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

I was using a Travel Tech with a Derby blade; once in a while a feather. I was traveling last year and I used a Super Iridium. I thought that the blade and razor did not match very well because I could not feel a thing when I shaved.

I tried it again recently and I realized that it was the most comfortable shaving combination that I have ever used. It feels like there is no blade in the razor.

I have a Merkur 1904 that shaves better but the Travel Tech shaves extremely well for its compact size.
Ed
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: For my fellow Tech Lovers....Thought you might enjoy thi

Post by jww »

ccoppola wrote:WW II production only. Bakelite Handle and Black cap....so as not to reflect sunlight while in the field.
=D>
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

I always rotate my razors but whenever one of my Techs comes around I know I'm in for a week of very comfortable and enjoyable shaves. The Tech is just a great razor. I am partial to the ball end.
Rich
spinyeel

Post by spinyeel »

Tech's are under appreciated. They shave as well,if not better than some of the more glamorous models. :wink: